News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Add yourself to the Happy Atheist Map

Started by Whitney, August 14, 2006, 08:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

I'm added... and there are two others near me, but I don't recognize the names.  But woohoo just the same.  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Steve Reason

I'm on there now. Looks like there ain't many west of the Mississippi and east of the Sierras. I wish there were more overseas. You'd think, even with this being more related to website membership than demographics, that there would be many more atheist members from Europe.
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

Whitney

I updated my location on the map...if anyone else needs to update theirs, let me know and I'll remove you so you can enter it again.

chris

Added another Oregonian!

rlrose328

Woohoo!  Is Oregon winning?  ;)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Mister Joy

Well thar ya go, I'm added... I think I'm added anyway. I'm not quite sure how to use these frappr things

Mister Joy

Quote from: "Steve Reason"I'm on there now. Looks like there ain't many west of the Mississippi and east of the Sierras. I wish there were more overseas. You'd think, even with this being more related to website membership than demographics, that there would be many more atheist members from Europe.

It's probably because atheism isn't such a big deal in Europe. America is, from what I gathered when living there, a nation of many extreme cliques: if you're Christian people can tell by looking at your house from afar; if you're atheist you're more likely to go to rallys, have NO GOD mouse mats and so on. People there are far more prone to love advertising their identities, as well as indulging them (reading loads about it, going on websites like this, et cetera). Even other things, eg. homosexuality, are more exaggerated in the States, with their own far more independent sub-cultures. People in Europe don't wear their hearts on their sleeves to the same extent so if you're atheist/Christian (this is especially true with atheists because they're more common) it's more often a case of "so what? I'm not going to sing and dance about it because nobody cares and I'm not interested in their opinion on it anyway. I'm off to watch the football." It sounds like a generalisation but I think it's true on average.

fodder

Hmmmm...map doesn't seem to like Linux. Oh well.

timothy40744

Southeastern Kentucky here. Someone has to represent the hillbillies, after all...  :cheers:

MysticalChicken

I just added myself.

"Down in the hall, embedded in walls, hear them screaming.  Stashed in a bar, a brain in a jar, no one sees them.  Sucking them blind and draining their minds, hear them screaming.  Stas

OneWithGod

i dont think this is a good idea...
"Find god, and find yourself. Find Satan, and Find death." - OneWithGod

timothy40744

Quote from: "OneWithGod"i dont think this is a good idea...

I don't believe "good ideas" ever occur to you at all, do they troll. You did come up with the "original" idea of creating two ID's for yourself so that you could have a kindred spirit to agree with your psychotic drivel. Go get a sign and a street corner somewhere...

Steve Reason

It's Sunday, don't you have a myth and superstition meeting to attend, tiny-brained person?
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

McQ

No, no, no. You got the whole punctuation thing wrong in your post. For you, it goes like this...

"I don't think. This is a good idea."

See, isn't that better?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

timothy40744

Quote from: "McQ"

No, no, no. You got the whole punctuation thing wrong in your post. For you, it goes like this...

"I don't think. This is a good idea."

See, isn't that better?

The not thinking part is definitely accurate.