News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Seeing beyond those religious debates

Started by Whitney, June 17, 2009, 06:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

QuoteMust religious dialogue be painful? Must it be greeted with hostility? Or is it a moot question - that the answer lies in the failure of our education system -- decades ago? Controversies such as the once aborted Bar Council proposal for an interfaith dialogue sometime ago, and the PAS-SIS quarrel recently offer us opportunities for dialogue, instead of a threat for a deafening silence.

Full text: http://mt.m2day.org/2008/content/view/23295/84/

templeboy

(not having actually been to the link)

But arguing about religion is fun, because we are right!
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God.' The Wise Man says it to the world."- Troy Witte

Will

Religion is cognitive dissonance. It leads to hostility out of frustration. If you find a religious person that's not frustrated, you've either found someone unable to comprehend what he or she is doing or you've found someone that's compromised the "purity" of their faith by allowing logic and science to seep in and replace dogma.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.