News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

News: Utah County Republicans reject 'Satanic' resolution

Started by joeactor, April 26, 2009, 03:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

QuoteUtah County Republicans defeated a resolution opposing well-heeled groups that a delegate claims are pushing a satanic plan to encourage illegitimate births and illegal immigration.

Full article: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12228215

Right.

Discuss?

VanReal

Okay, so he tried passing this in 2007 also, and is actually including religious scripture and language in the resolution.  Interesting, and even more so since the Republicans aren't passing it.  I am curious what this guy's definition of a dysfunctional family is as it relates to those voting for democrats, and even more strange that they would consider latinos to not agree with the christian nation anti-devil wording as I think most latin american countries are primarily christian as well.  I guess I'm just not sure why the delegate keeps trying to get this passed and what is he intending to happen if it does?
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Prometheus

It just sort of sounds like the guys a crazy fearmongeror. We have one just like him in my county, Sequatchie Tennessee(Calls himself the Sequatchie Outlander). Our guy claims to be some sort of prophet and puts up very irrational/contraversial signs. He has one that says, "Christians who vote for Hussein(He means Obama here) are going to Hell!" Good thing I'm an agnostic as that seems to preclude from this statement. :D

He also is prolife and has antiabortion signs up showing a picture of an aborted 3rd trimester fetus. These signs are large and on his truck which he parades through town often. Sort of traumatic I think for children to see a dead fetus but what can you do? The thing is, current abortion laws don't allow 3rd trimester abortions. The fetus during the the 1st and 2nd trimesters looks much less like a baby and it just seems to me that the guys message here is very misleading. But basicaly, because everyone has free speach, theres really nothing you can do besides point and laugh at the guy. And even that seems to be giving him the attention he wants.
"There's a new, secret hazing process where each new member must track down and eliminate an old member before being granted full forum privileges.  10 posts is just a front.  Don't get too comfy, your day will come..."-PC

VanReal

Wow, he sounds interesting, and I wonder why he keeps getting votes?  For entertainment value, hehe?  The 3rd trimester abortion thing is something to just disgust people who are not informed of what is really occurring.  If they see the sign and don't bother researching or determining it as being true then he's got their support.  Sadly, most voters don't pay very much attention to the issues.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)