News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Squid comes marchin' in

Started by Squid, June 22, 2006, 11:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Yep, here I am and here's the rundown:

Name: Squid

WTF do you do: Work as an IT Lab assistant and am a neuroscience grad student.

Atheist?: Yep.

Other stuff: I own the atheistcoalition.com site. About to move to Dallas to attend UT-Dallas for the grad program in neuroscience. I love good beer like a nice, ice-cold hefeweizen. I hope to pick back up some training in Aikido when I move to Dallas. And I attempt my damnedest to shred with the fleetest of fingers upon my Washburn.

That's about it.

Big Mac

And he smells good too! Just kidding.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Squid

I have been known to wear a splash of Polo blue.

Big Mac

Or as the French call it.....a bath.

Squid

lol...good one.

Big Mac

Thank you thank you, I'll be here all week, try the Shrimp!

Whitney

Hey Squid, welcome to the forum. I love your website.

Squid

Thanks. thumbsup Still needs some tweaking here and there but it's coming along nicely. A far cry from the original incarnation.

Whitney

What did you use to design the site? I'm still in the process of learning how to design web pages and learned just enough css to make it look better than it did in the original tables format...but would like to do something closer to like what you have (ie not boxy and boring like mine is now...more eye catching).

Squid

Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX and Photoshop CS. The layout was actually a template I got a while back from some design site I was a member of. It came with the basics and I went from there. The membership was like $20 a month. They're not around anymore for some reason...just there and then gone...very weird.

Before that I was using Virtual Mechanics SiteSpinner...pretty nice WYSIWIG editor, very easy to use.

I tossed up some links in my media center for website construction:

http://www.atheistcoalition.com/designresources.htm

The FlashKit link has a lot of goodies on there.

Whitney

Thanks thumbsup

edit...I tried signing up for your forum but never received a confirmation e-mail. I guess I could have entered the wrong e-mail address, but I thought I checked it first.

Squid

You're account should be active now. And the e-mail you registered with was a yahoo account, is that the one?

Whitney

Ya...it was a yahoo account...same sn as on this forum. Thanks for activating it..who knows what I did wrong.

Squid

No problemo!

Asmodean Prime

It appears as though I fubared my account somehow and never could get it logged in so I simply just made this one.  I guess you can just trash the old one.