News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Haggard accused of being gay

Started by Whitney, November 03, 2006, 04:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Ted Haggard....the same minister interviewed by Dawkins on the Root of All Evil...has been accused of not only having gay sex (he is an anti-gay activist) but of using meth prior to those sexual activities.  He has volunteered to reign all leadership roles related to the his church and an evangelical organization...the now acting pastor of his church said that Haggard admitted some guilt but not of the current claim (whatever that means).  This is all just before an anti-gay marriage bill and pro civil unions bill is to appear on the same ballot in his state.

article:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061103/ap_ ... llegations

hazel

It really wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that he did have homosexual sex with his dealer. Many drugs can make you do things that you wouldn't likely do while sober, and if he did have any attraction to men, it would just make since that he'd get it on with a man when he was not sober. Besides, the louder they yell anti-whatever the more they're trying to hide from something related.

imrational

I love when hypocrisy like this is exposed.  

I also greatly appreciate that Haggard's denials are changing.  Now he admits to hiring the prostitute, "only for a massage" and that he "only bought the meth, but didn't try it".

I love how these guys say they believe in Freedom, then try to restrict everyone elses, while they do whatever they please.

Big Mac

Indeed. That's why I oppose all forms of gun control. Any kind of control or prohibition of an item that requires personal control and moderation be it drinking, smoking, doing drugs (not hard stuff like crack and heroin and meth but things like some coke, weed, LSD) is really people control. If we live in the land of the Free we should be allowed to do anything we want as long as we don't hurt others or violate other people's rights. How hard is that? I found that funny, the local news station ran this and I find it amusing to the tune of Clinton saying he smoked weed once or twice and didn't inhale or like it. But Haggard may be right, meth is pretty addictive and you could tell if someone is using it. I bet he resold it and used something else. Or maybe that explains that cock-sucking, I mean shit-eating, grin of his.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?