News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

if there was a god

Started by spartacus, January 04, 2009, 09:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spartacus

just for some fun lets imagine it was finally proven that there is a god and he revealed himself to you. would you

1-cower on your knees and beg his forgiveness

2- ask him which of the religions you should join as a way of worshiping him

3- or say `i don`t agree with your teachings or principles`

igosaur

It depends what type of God he was.   If he was the God of the bible and it turned out that the whole thing was true I'd be pretty annoyed that he'd disguised that fact so well and led so many people up the garden path as if he didn't actually want anyone in heaven.

Asmodean

If there was an Abrahamic god, I'd give it a finger. I see no need to worship or even defer to something even if it is my creator. I've not defered to my mother since I was eight or so, so why would I do that for a sky daddy I never knew?  :borg:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

thirteen31

If it turned out to be true, it didn't make a difference in my life up to this point, it's not going to change anything now.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "spartacus"just for some fun lets imagine it was finally proven that there is a god and he revealed himself to you. would you

1-cower on your knees and beg his forgiveness

2- ask him which of the religions you should join as a way of worshiping him

3- or say `i don`t agree with your teachings or principles`

If it were the Abrahamic God of the Bible, I'd tell him to go fuck himself, the sadistic bastard.  After all, even if an evil being created us, it would still be an evil being.

If it were a being that had created life on earth, I'd probably just want to ask how and keep asking questions until I dropped dead.

Ninteen45

If I came up to a polytheistic god, I'd probably laugh. "Mars, nobody believed in him for years!"

An Abrahamic god however? I'd probably try to take medication before I do something I might regret.
Now I can be re-gognizod!

Wechtlein Uns

Well, I would ask him to uncreate me. Failing that, I would continue living my life as normal. Hell would be a bitch, though.  :eek:
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.