News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Greetings from Poland

Started by Koliat, November 23, 2008, 07:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koliat

Hello there every one!

My name's Alex, I'm 17 years old, I come from Poland.

According to my worldview, I've been atheist since I've started reading Nietzsche's books. Hence, I made research on the God's existence question, found Dawkins and others, reviewed the history of religion and came to simple conclusion. More about me will be probably revealed in discussions, I guess.

When it comes to my passions, I'm keen snuff taker, and recently I took up the pipe. Tobacco is fascinating, so many flavours are there to discover, so many pleasure flow out of these.

Considering my music likes, I have grown up on Pink Floyd music, now I'm mainly listening to Wysotski and Kaczmarski, Russian and Polish poetry signers. They are similar to Bob Dylan if you had heard about him.

I guess that's all,

Greetings!

Tom62

Chin dobre Alex. Welcome on this forum.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Koliat

Nice fonetical transcription ;-)

Spelling is "DzieÅ,, dobry" here. Ń is softened "N", like in "Nietzsche" [Ńetsche].

Tom62

Quote from: "Koliat"Nice fonetical transcription ;-)

Spelling is "DzieÅ,, dobry" here. Ń is softened "N", like in "Nietzsche" [Ńetsche].
I used the phonetic spelling to show you that my knowledge of the Polish language is extremely limited ;). I can remember just a few words and sentences from a phrasebook and some conversations that I had with Polish friends.  I've been in Poland several times before and after the fall of the Berlin Wall and my halfbrother is married with a Polish lady.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

curiosityandthecat

I have two Pink Floyd tattoos, and also started down the road of atheism after finding Nietzsche (amongst others).  :D

Welcome, brother!
-Curio

rlrose328

Welcome, Alex... I like to listen to Pink Floyd as well, The Wall being my favorite.  I have not read any Nietzsche, however.  I'm afraid it would be too hard for me to understand.  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Asmodean

Quote from: "Koliat"My name's Alex
Quote from: "Koliat"...I've been atheist,,,
Quote from: "Koliat"I'm keen snuff taker...
Quote from: "Koliat"Tobacco is fascinating...
Quote from: "Koliat"...Pink Floyd music...
Are you a newer model of me or something..?  :D

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.