News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

The Disembodied Mind Argument

Started by Kyuuketsuki, November 10, 2008, 10:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Zarathustra"I don't think she did. She just approached your argument from a different position. (Which is philosophically more sound.)

So why the, "Oh please. Watch and learn"? I could be wrong (don't think so), but that comes across as, "That's stupid, this is how it is!"

I don't know what Wechtlein Uns problem is with what I posted (and which, after all, was simply posted for comment) but she clearly has a problem with it or me (no idea which) ... I'd really like to know what I've done or what I posted that offended her sensibilities.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Zarathustra

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"
Quote from: "Zarathustra"I don't think she did. She just approached your argument from a different position. (Which is philosophically more sound.)

So why the, "Oh please. Watch and learn"? I could be wrong (don't think so), but that comes across as, "That's stupid, this is how it is!"

I don't know what Wechtlein Uns problem is with what I posted (and which, after all, was simply posted for comment) but she clearly has a problem with it or me (no idea which) ... I'd really like to know what I've done or what I posted that offended her sensibilities.

Kyu
Well I can't see any discrepancy between what you guys are saying... He is really just adding to your comment. But I guess from a linguistuic perspective it appears so. Maybe Wechtlein can answer that, I don't see why he should like or dislike you (as a person) yet.
"Man does not draw his laws from nature, but impose them upon nature" - Kant
[size=85]English is not my native language, so please don't attack my grammar, attack my message instead[/size]

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Zarathustra"Well I can't see any discrepancy between what you guys are saying... He is really just adding to your comment. But I guess from a linguistic perspective it appears so. Maybe Wechtlein can answer that, I don't see why he should like or dislike you (as a person) yet.

I like the, "Yet" :) ;)

Kyu

Zarathustra

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"I like the, "Yet" :) ;)  :banna:  :borg:
"Man does not draw his laws from nature, but impose them upon nature" - Kant
[size=85]English is not my native language, so please don't attack my grammar, attack my message instead[/size]

Wechtlein Uns

Sorry, bit of a cultural mix-up there. In my small area/community, saying "oh please, watch and learn", is a playfully sportive way of offering a bit of help with ones words. It's not dismissive, though I can see how someone outside thelma might take it that way. Kind of like when we say, "gimme a tank", you really shouldn't give us a tank, because we're saying that we need to go pee and so you should look the other way or something. Usually said in a the fields or stables where there is no indoor plumbing.  :shock:
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"Sorry, bit of a cultural mix-up there. In my small area/community, saying "oh please, watch and learn", is a playfully sportive way of offering a bit of help with ones words. It's not dismissive, though I can see how someone outside thelma might take it that way. Kind of like when we say, "gimme a tank", you really shouldn't give us a tank, because we're saying that we need to go pee and so you should look the other way or something. Usually said in a the fields or stables where there is no indoor plumbing.  :shock:

Sorry :)

Kyu

Wechtlein Uns

lol. no problem.

urm... dead thread?  :(
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.