News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The "Richard Dawkins Stumped" video

Started by Squid, August 14, 2008, 06:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

I actually haven't run across this before - which is amazing since it's been around so long - but it's a video supposedly of RD "evading" a simple question from an interviewer.  I had no clue that this video is being passed around as evidence that, as one comment I saw on a messageboard said, "evolutionists are full of crap".  For those people who are going to sit there are actually think that a (poorly worded) question such as that is a "stumper", I have only five words - READ A FUCKING SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL!  :brick:

The Video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/zaKryi3605g&hl=en&fs=1

I can think of several examples just off the top of my head that would fall under their retarded idea of "adding new information".  One of the biggest contributors to the formation of novel genes and subsequent proteins is gene duplication - it's how we evolved our wonderful blood clotting cascade that Mike Behe loves to ramble on about as being irreducibly complex.  I think I posted earlier in another thread an excerpt from an article about the formation of the novel gene from the duplication of a previously existing one...and I'm just a lowly health psychology grad student and not an eminent Oxford professor, ethologist and evolutionary biologist (Dawkins' CV is 16 pages btw - mine is 3).

I find this to be another example of "let's ignore any evidence because we refuse to [or can't] read the scientific literature".  Instead they post video excerpts on YouTube, point and laugh, "haha...stupid evolutionists...godidit".

Anyhow, I've run across some writings about the incident by an Australian skeptic:

http://www.skeptics.com.au/journal/1998/3_crexpose.htm

...ahhh, I'm done now.

Jolly Sapper

Interesting, thanks for sharing your brain meats!

:banna:

Vaultzero4me

I wouldn't expect much more from a group who blatantly uses the Patterson quotes out of context, uses the term "ain't nothing comin' from nothing", the flood created all of the fossils, still talks about Piltdown and Simpson's horse as some kind of expose' of ToE, etc.

Thats what some people do when they cannot support their argument. Make up bs, misquote, and play with video editing.