News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Strven Hawking's swan song?

Started by Dave, March 19, 2018, 07:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

QuoteStephen Hawking's 'breathtaking' final multiverse theory completed two weeks before he died

A final theory explaining how mankind might detect parallel universes was completed by Stephen Hawking shortly before he died, it has emerged.

Colleagues have revealed the renowned theoretical physicist's final academic work was to set out the groundbreaking mathematics needed for a spacecraft to find traces of multiple big bangs.

Currently being reviewed by a leading scientific journal, the paper, named A Smooth Exit from Eternal Inflation, may turn out to be Hawking's most important scientific legacy.

Fellow researchers have said that if the evidence which the new theory promises had been discovered before Hawking died last week, it may have secured the Nobel Prize which had eluded him for so long.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/03/18/stephen-hawking-leaves-behind-breathtaking-final-multiverse/

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Rift Zone

Quote from: Dave on March 19, 2018, 07:39:15 PM
QuoteStephen Hawking's 'breathtaking' final multiverse theory completed two weeks before he died

A final theory explaining how mankind might detect parallel universes was completed by Stephen Hawking shortly before he died, it has emerged.

Colleagues have revealed the renowned theoretical physicist's final academic work was to set out the groundbreaking mathematics needed for a spacecraft to find traces of multiple big bangs.

Currently being reviewed by a leading scientific journal, the paper, named A Smooth Exit from Eternal Inflation, may turn out to be Hawking's most important scientific legacy.

Fellow researchers have said that if the evidence which the new theory promises had been discovered before Hawking died last week, it may have secured the Nobel Prize which had eluded him for so long.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/03/18/stephen-hawking-leaves-behind-breathtaking-final-multiverse/

Hawking was a mathematician!!!    -That was the nature of his genius.   He could manipulate complicated equations in his mind that even gifted people have difficulty with on paper.   He was fantastic!  I have a lot of respect for him, his capacity, and to some extent, his work.   As we all know, he applied his capacity to physics.   Thus we know him as a physicist, but bear in mind math was sincerely his forte.   This is in contrast to, say, Einstein, who was a sincere physicist; that is to say the nature of Einstein's genius directly involved physics.    At any rate, I have no interest in diminishing the man, because he was indeed great...   Only, because of the nature of his genius, he was bound by the mathematical constructs he operated within.   The things he found were consequences of the nuances within the foundations set forth by existing theories.    -Which is fine and dandy, providing the foundations are accurate.    Sadly, the foundations are not accurate.    I have a lot of respect for you Hawking!  -It is my regret my work will render yours obsolete.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

hermes2015

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 19, 2018, 07:52:18 PM

Hawking was a mathematician!!!    -That was the nature of his genius.   He could manipulate complicated equations in his mind that even gifted people have difficulty with on paper.   He was fantastic!  I have a lot of respect for him, his capacity, and to some extent, his work.   As we all know, he applied his capacity to physics.   Thus we know him as a physicist, but bear in mind math was sincerely his forte.   This is in contrast to, say, Einstein, who was a sincere physicist; that is to say the nature of Einstein's genius directly involved physics.    At any rate, I have no interest in diminishing the man, because he was indeed great...   Only, because of the nature of his genius, he was bound by the mathematical constructs he operated within.   The things he found were consequences of the nuances within the foundations set forth by existing theories.    -Which is fine and dandy, providing the foundations are accurate.    Sadly, the foundations are not accurate.    I have a lot of respect for you Hawking!  -It is my regret my work will render yours obsolete.

Yep, he published in reputable journals.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 20, 2018, 05:47:08 AM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 19, 2018, 07:52:18 PM

Yep, he published in reputable journals.

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Just ordered a copy of "The theory of everything.". A friend watched it and thought it was very good. Not expecting a documentary, reviews indicate that it is a sort of romanticish biopic.

There was a very good TV docudrama many years ago (pre 2004 'cos that's when I gave up my TV licence.)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74