News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Post-migration

Started by Asmodean Prime, November 14, 2017, 08:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

Post any issues you experience with the forums here. We will address them as best we can. I will update the log below on a regular basis.

ProblemStatus
I cannot upload an avatar[Resolved]There was an error in attachment folder settings. That is now corrected. If you were able to upload avatars before the migration, you should be able to do so again now.
My avatar has disappeared![Closed]So did mine. I'm looking for 34 missing avatar files, but cannot seem to find them anywhere logical. If I do find them, I will reupload. Quick fix: upload a new avatar from your profile controls. Abandoned unresolved; I can not find where the old system stored some of those avatars. Apologies for any inconvenience.
I cannot embed YouTube videos[Resolved]The associated mod has now been installed. You can embed YouTube videos, as well as videos from some other providers, simply by pasting a link to them in your post.
BB-code for spoilers not working[Resolved]The associated mod has now been installed. You can now use spoiler tags with parameters. Refer to test post below for examples.

Asmodean Prime

Dave

We seem to be lacking the [spoiler] button.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

And now all the avatars have gone poof!

Asmodean Prime

That may happen a bit throughout the evening.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean Prime on November 14, 2017, 06:12:17 PM
That may happen a bit throughout the evening.

Ah. Yes your Asmoness, grokking am. Patient will be.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I was able to reupload mine. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean Prime

TEST

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
- no params

[spoiler text=This is not a spoiler]Test - text=This is...

[spoiler quote=" And then The Asmo said;"]Test! - quote="And then..."

[spoiler show=Enter at your own peril]Test - show=Enter at... (Equally, use hide= for the text on hide button)

Finally,

guests - Flag to show spoiler to guests or not.  May be n, no, false, y, yes, or true.

How to use:

SP-button to add spoiler. Write parameters as follows;

[spoiler text=your text]<content>

Asmodean Prime

Unfortunately, I had to abandon the avatar issue as I just. Can't. Understand. Where the old system stored the 34 missing avatars. They were not in the old attachment folder, which I mirrored and verified, and they were not externally linked since they went down.

The affected members will have to reupload. Appologies for the inconvenience.

Dave

Thanks for the spoiler, Asmo.

Yeah, uploaded my avatar again - once I found out where I stored it in my tablet!

OldGit

I've got all mine squirreled away in a secret cache.

Bad Penny II

I suppose if you've chosen to look aloof by looking away I wouldn't question your choice of look because it wouldn't be polite and I'm oh so very polite.

What's the collective noun for a many of Asmodeans?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 15, 2017, 11:15:10 AM

I suppose if you've chosen to look aloof by looking away I wouldn't question your choice of look because it wouldn't be polite and I'm oh so very polite.

Answer: Asmoxen

I went to the coffee shop this weekend and there was a group of Asmoxen sitting around drinking Matcha Lattes, and listening to someone read from the letters of Jack Kerouac. 
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 15, 2017, 11:53:53 AM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 15, 2017, 11:15:10 AM

Answer: Asmoxen

I went to the coffee shop this weekend and there was a group of Asmoxen sitting around drinking Matcha Lattes, and listening to debunking someone reading from the letters of Jack Kerouac. 
Take my advice, don't listen to me.