Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Amsterdam Mission trip!

Started by Biggus Dickus, October 16, 2017, 01:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on October 17, 2017, 08:02:47 AM
QuoteThose who don't know, teach.

Silver, the expression that teachers so detest, and rightfully so, goes as follows......

Those who can, do
those who can't, teach

That's the one. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 17, 2017, 05:47:34 PM
So let's see besides myself and the other priests (Flannigan, O'Connor, and Boyd) who are some great monkeys by the way, we've got the following lined up:

Bruce: Legal Rep.,guide and mission advisor.
Davin: IT Guy and mission Rep.
Guardian: Fellow Minister, guide and possibly provide some security if needed.
Hermes: If he's willing to come along, I think he would make an excellent guide and possibly help set up some of the mission trips?
Tank: If he's willing to come along I'm thinking he could help arrange transportation for our missions, as well as document our trip?

So far not so bad I think...probably need some of the women from the forum to come along, any volunteers?  8)

I would love to see Amsterdam!  8)

QuoteP.S. If volunteering please possibly include ways you could assist the mission trip, whether it be logistical, advisory, etc...

:notsure:

Maybe I could document everything, take photos and detailed notes, collect plant samples (:shifty:) etc.,...for the mission logs.

To see how the Dutch are in their natural habitat. I'd feel a bit like a modern day naturalist!  8)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Tank: If he's willing to come along I'm thinking he could help arrange transportation for our missions, as well as document our trip?
Sounds fun :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 17, 2017, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: Davin on October 17, 2017, 08:18:03 PM
Deacon of Technology, Techno Bishop, TechBish, Digital Bishop

Those are good too.

Or maybe Father of IS or Technology Spiritualist.

A Technology Spiritualist's CV could have something like:

Fluent in the divine language of He Who Resides In :airquotes: The Cloud.
:lol:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

So far not so bad I think...probably need some of the women from the forum to come along, any volunteers?  8)

P.S. If volunteering please possibly include ways you could assist the mission trip, whether it be logistical, advisory, etc...

I may have missed it, but what exactly is the Good News we're giving to the nuns, and can females do this or is it male specific? 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dragonia

I'm totally in! And I have MANY talents and services to offer, from cooking to being a travel guide, to being a motivational speaker to handing out towels. (What? That's a valuable skill to have, in some circumstances! )
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dragonia on October 18, 2017, 04:35:47 AM
I'm totally in! And I have MANY talents and services to offer, from cooking to being a travel guide, to being a motivational speaker to handing out towels. (What? That's a valuable skill to have, in some circumstances! )

You are so darn right.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

I could assist xSilverPhinx and Dragonia. :notsure:
Also, I am good at measuring stuff...I'm sure stuff needs to be measured over there.

**My first post using wi-fi and a tablet!  :yes!:
It takes a lot longer but it's ok.
...Now...how do I post GIF's?  :bigspecs:
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 17, 2017, 08:44:15 PM
I would love to see Amsterdam!  8)
To see how the Dutch are in their natural habitat. I'd feel a bit like a modern day naturalist!  8)

You are in for such a treat. Imagine a country that is everything Saudi Arabia isn't, populated by people who have had a very liberal, laissez faire attitude to life for a great part of their history.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on October 18, 2017, 05:07:11 AM
Also, I am good at measuring stuff...I'm sure stuff needs to be measured over there.

I am quite willing to selflessly sacrifice some private time to teach you girls the correct measuring techniques to use.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 18, 2017, 05:19:34 AM

I am quite willing to selflessly sacrifice some private time to teach you girls the correct measuring techniques to use.
That's nice of you.  :tellmemore:
I know the basics.  :smilenod:
"36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3"." --Sir Mix-A-Lot

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on October 18, 2017, 05:53:03 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on October 18, 2017, 05:19:34 AM

That's nice of you.  :tellmemore:
I know the basics.  :smilenod:
"36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3"." --Sir Mix-A-Lot

Oy vey! I really fell into that one.
― Charles Eames

Tom62

I know Amsterdam quite well. I was born there and I went there to school.
If you want I could send you a list of affordable restaurants that offer great food.
Beware of pickpockets!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

The main development team for Blender is in Amsterdam, I'd like to visit them.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 18, 2017, 02:54:31 AM

P.S. If volunteering please possibly include ways you could assist the mission trip, whether it be logistical, advisory, etc...

I may have missed it, but what exactly is the Good News we're giving to the nuns, and can females do this or is it male specific?

We will be spreading the good news of Atheism to any and all who are receptive of it's saving Grace, regardless of gender, sexual orientation and religious flavor. (Mostly will just be having wicked fun, but for tax and expense purposes you'll want to occasionally ask those whom you may encounter while in Amsterdam if they believe in god or gods, and/or have they ever considered going full out to the dark side, and becoming an atheist. We'll have little Chick-Tracts and literature you can hand out....mostly just condom packages with "Atheist's Can't Sin" written on the back, sorry, but best I could do on short notice)

Weill it sounds like we have quite the group of volunteers as I show the following HAF individuals are going so far: we have Davin, Tom, Hermes, Tank, Mags, xSP, Guardian, Bruce, Books (Yes you are coming with us Books, you can be our cultural advisor).
Am I missing anyone?

By the way his Grayness, Asmo has said he will foot the bill for our trip. We just have to send him some postcards, and pick him up a t-shirt or two.

HAF 2018 Amsterdam Mission trip

Need someone to design a really cool logo for the trip...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."