News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Ever Play a Prank?

Started by xSilverPhinx, August 06, 2017, 06:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I thought it would be interesting to read stories of fellow HAFers pranking others. :sidesmile:

I don't have epic stories of epic elaborate pranks, unfortunately. The furthest I've gone would probably be the time I acquired a small rubber circular thing that would be placed between the upper and lower teeth. With it I could make noises that sounded like a desperate cat. It was a totally obnoxious sound but I saw the potential for a little fun, so I would take it with me to the local supermarket and make these sounds, loudly, and watch as people looked confused at first, then started bending over to look under and in between shelves, looking for signs of a cat. They of course found none. :grin:   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Not really a prankster, and hate bring pranked. However . . .

We were making an important piece of kit that had a pressure lid held on by many M6 screws. Important things, pressure lids.

So I found a 6" nail, cut the point off, turned it to 6mm diameter and tapped an M6 thread on it. Then I carefully bent it as if it had been really bashed into the hole with a large hammer - and screwed it into the last hole. The boss had kittens when he saw it. I nearly did not have a job.

No sense of fun some people . . .   :sadshake:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

When I was a kid we got a little motorized ball wit a racoon tail attached. You turned it on and the tail flopped around on the floor. So we put the thing in an empty doritos bag, turned it on, and called my dad...

He took two steps into the room, stopped, turned on his heels and silently went out the back door reappearing seconds later with his trusty round point shovel clutched like a spear. He crept up to the "racoon" and when he was about to strike we all burst out laughing. He didn't find it funny.

I have lots of them.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on August 06, 2017, 08:06:16 PM
...He didn't find it funny.

They never seem to, for some reason. :P