Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on August 01, 2017, 03:21:46 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on August 01, 2017, 03:19:29 PM
Hey Mags!

I'm back!!!!!!

Brass Monkey that funky Monkey
Brass Monkey junkie
That funky Monkey (Brass) 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 01, 2017, 10:34:25 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 01, 2017, 06:13:53 PM

Aww Father Bruno, that's such a cute dress you have on! :P

xSP, not really a dress, just a wide, lacy collar...at the time I was going through a bit of a  "Fauntleroy craze".

Looks cool don't it? (I'm not crazy about my hair though) 8)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 02, 2017, 12:48:36 AM

xSP, not really a dress, just a wide, lacy collar...at the time I was going through a bit of a  "Fauntleroy craze".

Your hair? :chin:
I believe this particular hairstyle is The mullet. Business in the front, party in the back. Also, those are some impressive 70's sideburns...very nice.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

The hair looks remarkably Trumpish.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags!!

Good Morning, and check out some more Calvin and Hobbes...by the way your head doesn't explode, butt it is messy and hurts if you try this, or at least that is what I was told by Hermes. ;D

Magdalena

Father Bruno, would you like to share with all of us your trip to the lake?

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on August 02, 2017, 07:31:40 PM

"Yes teacher. My paper is called 'What I did on summer vacation'" - Bruno 2017
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 02, 2017, 12:48:36 AM

Hmm...you're right. :notsure: For some reason I saw a dress there, maybe it's because the image of Katolic priests wearing dresses robes is burned in my mind.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on August 02, 2017, 10:51:18 PM

:lol:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:grin:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on August 02, 2017, 11:35:42 PM
Quote from: Arturo on August 02, 2017, 10:51:18 PM

:lol:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:grin:

^^ ;D^^

It was only a week, 6 days actually including driving there and back, but we had a lot of fun. Took the young niece and nephew out tubing a couple times, which was a new experience for them, their Mom tubed also, and she did quite well for a first timer. (Their Dad's a big baby and just sat in the boat :-[)

We also took them out in a bigger boat fishing out on the bay where they caught a couple nice lake trout, they've been fishing before, but never out on one of the big lakes (Lake Michigan).

One day we took them down by the beach where they had a bunch of kids activities lined up, but we got hit by a bad storm and had to seek shelter in a tent. It rained hard for a couple hours, so we ended up going to play laser tag (Boy's beat the Girls) and also Black-Light Bowling.
While we were stuck in the tent the niece and nephew both had caricatures drawn of the both of them by a local artist which turned out really well...and another artist made this balloon animal for me, cool monkey isn't it?

Here's some pictures of the harbor where they departed for fishing on the big lake. I didn't go as they were cramped for room, and anyway it gave me some quite time for 4-5 hours. I was going to take a picture of them heading out in the boat, but missed their departure as I was in the little monkeys room.

These are pictures of the West Bay and Marina in Traverse City.

An exciting part of this side of Northern Michigan is the area know as "Sleeping Bear Dunes". It's a National Park, and a really fun and cool place to visit. I head up there to go camping every couple years as certain areas are extremely remote, as it was the beach we later went swimming at. Completley devoid of other humans, and any sign of civilization (No hotels, bars, restaurants, etc...)

These first three pictures are actually taken from atop the dunes looking inland towards Glenn Lake.

These next three are of some of the dunes themselves, and if you look down toward the lake in the 2nd picutre you can see where the cars are all parked, and see how high up we actually climbed.
The last one is my niece and nephew taking a break after we had climbed and hiked for some time. (If you look at the 4th picture you can see folks climbing back up the dune face, which gives some good perspective as to how high they really are.)

Next set of pictures is of the main dune face looking out toward Lake Michigan, and again as you can see the dunes are quite high, approximately 450 feet at this point...(Dunes were formed during the ice age by continental glaciers spreading south from Canada. This style of dunes are called,"Perched Dunes" which are dunes formed by glacial sands deposited on plateaus high above the shore. Or as Ken Ham would say, by the ark briefly running ashore one night cuz' Noah was drunk)

You are allowed to climb down the face of the dunes, but the only way back is to climb back up the way you came down, so there are warning signs posted alerting folks to the fact that if you climb down and require assistance getting back up it will cost you for the rescue.

Here's some more pictures of the dune face from some different angles.

...and this is the niece and nephew smiling and pointing back down the way we came as we got back up to the top from our own climb, which included me taking a brief swim in the lake at the bottom before we came back up, so the round trip took us about an hour or so.

After this event we left this area and went to a somewhat isolated beach area we know of in the park, usually there are few if any people swimming here, and again it's beautiful because the beach is still undeveloped, and hopefully since it's a national park will always stay that way! (You can see the dune faces off in the distance were the earlier pictures had been taken)
We stayed here the entire afternoon and enjoyed a picnic on the beach and swam quite a bit, water's a bit cold at first but the body adjust quickly. It took some encouraging from me to get the kids to go in since they are both from Honduras they are acustomed to warm ocean temperatures, but of course once they were in the water we couldn't get them out again. ;D

Me and the kids later built some sand castles, and even though their Mother and Aunts said their's were better than mine (Mine is the one on the far left, evident by the more robust walls surrounding the inner buildings) I knew mine was the best and they were just telling the kids that to make them feel good, but we knew mine ruled, we all knew! (Plus mine had tubes connecting the towers to each other so the little tiny people could travel back and forth, very, very modern and bigly :P)

Some pictures of the dune grasses along the beach.

This is a picture of my niece and nephew's dad, curled up on our blankets, sleeping and hiding from the sun as he doesn't like to get dark...not sure why he's tired as I did all of the driving that morning, climbed the dunes with his kids while he sat, and then I spent most of the afternoon with them swimming, hiking along the beach and playing frisbee. (A week at the lake, and he only got in the water once and that was after I told him if he didn't jump into the lake off the boat I would throw him in 8)...tsk, tsk) >:(

That's it...last picture of a some hippies in a barn playing drums ;D This was taken at St. Ambrose Cellars, which is a local Meadery and Winery around Traverse City...thier mead is super delicious, and even though I don't drink anymore, it was fun to walk around. While the adults were inside sampling wine and mead and getting buzzed I stayed outside with the kids, ate popsicles, played "Cornhole" toss and sat on the grass and listed to the drum group (There were some belly dancers there as well, which was really cool watching them dance barefoot on the grass, but it appears someone deleted their pictures from my phone,...me thinks it was Socorro)

That's it, that is my full report...hope I get an A 8)

T

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 03, 2017, 07:12:13 PM

That's it, that is my full report...hope I get an A 8)

T

Very, very impressive!