News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Sapiosexual?

Started by Velma, June 04, 2017, 06:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

So, maybe, "sapiosexual" is the wrong term?

What attracts people to others? Any number of things - body shape and physiognomy, body movement, [get closer] smell (pheremones or artificial or combination), small body/facial features (eye colour, freckles, nail shape...) [getting more intimate] voice in reaction to you, language/lexicon ("Language best shows a man, speak that I might know you", Ben Jonson) [communication] subject, education, knowledge, experience, verbal creativity and dexterity etc

All in all just people seeking things that resonate with them. Could take just one or two or might take several in combination. You can only build a framework if the bits fit together pretty well.

Takes all kinds...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

You know I took a test the other day...would be very relevant to this thread if anyone's interested.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on June 05, 2017, 11:14:41 PM
You know I took a test the other day...would be very relevant to this thread if anyone's interested.
Tell us.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 05, 2017, 09:51:45 PM
Well I think a distinction can be made between 'knowledgeable' and 'intelligent'. The two often overlap but they're not one and the same. Someone can be intelligent without having access to higher education where they learn facts and figures and you can have someone who's like a walking encyclopedia who isn't necessarily intelligent.

Problem solving skills, creativity, lateral thinking... :tellmemore: I like to see that kind of thing in action. :grin: 
That's more what I look for also. Almost anyone can memorize facts. What I want to know is what someone does with that information. Does it just sit there in their brain waiting to be spit out like a recording or has it been evaluated, weighed, worked into their existing body of knowledge, sparked other ideas, etc...? Of course, a sense of humor is also important.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on June 06, 2017, 03:06:09 AM
Quote from: Arturo on June 05, 2017, 11:14:41 PM
Tell us.  :)

I posted it
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

I was browsing through my twitter feed recently and came across this posting, and decided to save it because of this thread...not really sure what the relevance was at the time, but thought I would post it here anyway.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

^^^ That would work for me without the erotic element.  Explaining math has sometimes worked for me.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 13, 2017, 10:11:31 PM
^^^ That would work for me without the erotic element.  Explaining math has sometimes worked for me.

Hey Baby, did know the division algorithm is really not an algorithm at all but really just a sexy theorem about dividing a naughty integer "a" with an even naughtier au natural number "b"?

We keep subtracting "b" as many times as that naughty little numbers needs so that what remains, and we'll call this delicious number "r" , is less than naughty "b".

Here it comes,..."given integers a, b with b > 0, there exist unique sexy exotic integers q,r with 0 ≤ r < b such that a = bq + r.

Oooooooh yes.... you want more?

If a = 9 and b = 2, then q =4 and r = 1 or how about...If a = 12 and b = 17, then q = 0 and r = 12!

I need a cigarette.... :P

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Is it me or is it getting algebraic in here? :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Claireliontamer

Maybe I am sapiosexual after all...