News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

This is an accident, you don't want to look, but you simply can't help it.

Started by Biggus Dickus, April 28, 2017, 06:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

I didn't know where to post this. Sure it could have gone in either the religious or political thread, maybe even the philosophical, but truthfully this is simply so messed up that I figured the Miscellaneous thread was the best choice. (We need a Thread titled "Merica" to handle all of the simply ridiculous pseudo religious/political crap going on here right now)

Rep. Randy Weber (R-TX) spoke recently at some "Washington A Man of Prayer" event, and ole Randy had some ridiculous, and sometimes unintelligible remarks to make in the form of some half-ass prayer about the First Amendment, Women's Rights, and Marriage Equality, and of course "Gawd Almighty".

Original article can be found here at "patheos" as reported by Hemant Mehta who is the editor of Friendly Atheist, appears on the Atheist Voice channel on YouTube, and co-hosts the uniquely-named Friendly Atheist Podcast.

Here's some of what ole Randy had to say.
Quote"We have endeavored to try and kick your word out of public schools," Weber said. "Father, we have endeavored to take the Bible out of classrooms, the Ten Commandments off the walls. Oh, Lord, forgive us. Father, we think we're so smart, we have replaced your word and your precepts with drug-sniffing dogs, with metal detectors, with uniformed police officers in our schools. Oh, Lord, forgive us."
"Father, we have trampled on your holy institution of holy matrimony and tried to rewrite what it is and we've called it an alternate lifestyle," Weber continued, his voice cracking. "Father, oh Father, please forgive us."
"Lord, we have gone to killing the most innocent amongst us," he wept. "Your servant Moses warned in Deuteronomy 19 for us to choose life so that we and all our descendants might live. Father, we're killing our descendants and we're calling it a choice. Oh, God in heaven, forgive us, please."

Here's the video, and it's hard to watch, but than you can't turn your eyes away like a bad accident...and the fake ass crying and tears? That parts almost funny. :-[

Shit like this severely depresses me, and I wish I was joking :wtf:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Shit like this is embarrassing. People voted for that guy and now he represents a portion of the American people.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

That is cruel and unusual punishment for the likes of us Bruno. 

That dipshit needs to be forceably confined to the the most secure of psych wings.....or the uninhabited regions of Patagonia.  That man is seriously fucked up.  May the FSM have mercy on his soul.....Well, no, I take that back. There is almost no reason to have pity for such a deliberately illiterate  pile of human misery.

Excuse me for a few moments....I  must hurry to the bathroom to vomit.

Recusant

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 28, 2017, 06:42:55 PM. . . the fake ass crying and tears . . .

What's interesting about it is that even though Weber's performance was fumbling and hackneyed while his voice-breaking weepiness was clearly fake, it apparently really moved some of his audience; the fellow on the right below ostentatiously sniffling, with seemingly genuine tears in his eyes.

I have to wonder if these people have practiced this sort of behavior for years, so that they can turn on the waterworks at will whenever it seems appropriate, as a way of demonstrating their devotion to the cause.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

And why is this sort of behaviour, seemingly, so very American?

Assuming that European stock is still the largest contributor to the Christian American genome, and a fair part of that being of the more phlegmatic Germanic variety, wherefrom all this passion? Is it the Latin influence, those bring the more "emotional" European countries?

Even the RC sect does not go in for all this weeping and wailing. Nearest I can think of, for Brimstone and Fire, here are the minor Celtic sects - but the British Celts are supposedly of Hispanic or Mediterraneum origin. Historic injections of Norse blood seems to have had little effect on their religious temperament.

Rarely hear the Anglicans ranting like that . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Essie Mae

it was interesting to watch the audience, some of them did look a little nonplussed. They can't all be that extreme can they? But then, if it was a prayer event and they attended voluntary, I suppose they are ......

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on April 29, 2017, 11:21:33 AM
And why is this sort of behaviour, seemingly, so very American?

Assuming that European stock is still the largest contributor to the Christian American genome, and a fair part of that being of the more phlegmatic Germanic variety, wherefrom all this passion? Is it the Latin influence, those bring the more "emotional" European countries?

Even the RC sect does not go in for all this weeping and wailing. Nearest I can think of, for Brimstone and Fire, here are the minor Celtic sects - but the British Celts are supposedly of Hispanic or Mediterraneum origin. Historic injections of Norse blood seems to have had little effect on their religious temperament.

Rarely hear the Anglicans ranting like that . . .

It's not a Latin influence that's for sure, especially with these folk. Remember even though are god fearing, pro-life righteous types they also tend to be very white, and very anti-immigrant, etc...basically the very opposite of christian values they supposedly adhere to.

This behavior is a part of their identity. It's goes hand in hand with their patriotism, god, guns and country. These folk believe that the US is blessed by god, and they are the new chosen people. It's complete arrogance...to disagree with them, whether on 2nd amendment issues (Guns, guns, guns...they love guns as much as jesus), or prayer in school is to go against god. They are American extremists, and the act they put on with the crying, and fake sincerity is supposed to manifest itself as the epitome of what is to be a true American.

The worst part is the very arrogance these folk exude when you try to discuss anything with them, for example of this just picture that smugness which is ever present on the vice president Pence's face.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

The one thing the vastly greater part of the American citizenry forget is that they are also immigrants. OK, maybe fifteenth generation immigrants but . . .

It's all part of The Great American Myth.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

QuoteThis is an accident, you don't want to look, but you simply can't help it.

I was able to look away. I couldn't finish watching the whole thing.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

I do think there is a certain amount of conditioning for these grown-ass  men to be whimpering and tearing up at the mention of "lifestyle choice".
On one hand, it makes me want to gag, on the other hand, prayers like this take me back to a simpler time when I would peek out of a half closed eye to see who was crying, and therefore, who was the most "in touch with" God on that particular day. 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)