News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The War on Easter

Started by Recusant, April 13, 2017, 06:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Is there really such a thing as bad publicity? ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

I think I've officially "had it!" with all the crucifixion re-enactments all over the world on TV.  :foottap:

What is up with that!? Do people get some sort of sick pleasure out of re-enacting the torture of another human being/"son of a god"? Can someone tell me the purpose of watching this every year until I die!?
WHY!?....WHY!?...WHY!!!?...WHY!? WHY!?....WHY!?...WHY!!!?...WHY!?

:cryandrun:

Help me [understand], Ecurb Noselrub-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope, please!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on April 15, 2017, 03:42:58 AM
I think I've officially "had it!" with all the crucifixion re-enactments all over the world on TV.  :foottap:

What is up with that!? Do people get some sort of sick pleasure out of re-enacting the torture of another human being/"son of a god"? Can someone tell me the purpose of watching this every year until I die!?
WHY!?....WHY!?...WHY!!!?...WHY!? WHY!?....WHY!?...WHY!!!?...WHY!?

:cryandrun:

Help me [understand], Ecurb Noselrub-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope, please!

I thought my cousin's play was silly. When they started using actual cat o' nine tails on the guy playing Jesus all I could think was, "you brought your kids to see this?" And there were people behind me before it started saying the play was "about love". Not to mention the voice over guy at the beginning saying God was trying to get people's attention by causing natural disasters. What a fucking pompous thing to say. Such a supreme being lashes out for attention like a child.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 14, 2017, 11:59:21 PM
Is there really such a thing as bad publicity? ;D

I'll just leave this here.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Harmonie

I say bring the war on. I hate Spring, there's nothing to celebrate about it.  >:(

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Dave

Quote from: Harmonie on April 15, 2017, 03:02:24 PM
I say bring the war on. I hate Spring, there's nothing to celebrate about it.  >:(
So, no frollicking and gambolling in your field then, Harmonie?

;)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74