News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Why Are Young Adults So Darn Confused?

Started by Arturo, February 15, 2017, 08:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

In my hippy-ish mid twenties I was on the periphery of a pretty crazy bunch of people - kind of Ken Kesey Merry Prankster types. At the same time I was working on my chemistry doctorate, which required at least a modicum of seriousness. I don't think we were confused, we just wanted to have fun and not think too much about the future I guess. Anyway, one guy went to a wedding and added LSD to the punch. Some of the older guests really started freaking out and had to be rushed to hospital to get over it. Oddly, one of our strange attitudes was that psychedelics were OK, but we did not approve of the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Arturo

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 19, 2017, 04:33:19 AM
In my hippy-ish mid twenties I was on the periphery of a pretty crazy bunch of people - kind of Ken Kesey Merry Prankster types. At the same time I was working on my chemistry doctorate, which required at least a modicum of seriousness. I don't think we were confused, we just wanted to have fun and not think too much about the future I guess. Anyway, one guy went to a wedding and added LSD to the punch. Some of the older guests really started freaking out and had to be rushed to hospital to get over it. Oddly, one of our strange attitudes was that psychedelics were OK, but we did not approve of the consumption of alcoholic beverages.

I overheard a conversation the other day between a guy in his twenties and an older man. The young guy said before he wasn't sure what he wanted to do when he got out of high school but that now he likes getting buff and that he is an anatomy class now. I remember saying the same thing to myself but that I still felt unsure of myself. I think that the article makes sense in that I wasn't unsure of "what I wanted to do" but unsure of "where I wanted to go" and ultimately that landed me here at HAF.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 19, 2017, 04:33:19 AM

I remember a young woman at a party complaining about the amount of tobacco smoke in the room - but happily smoking a reefer in the same room later. Talk about double standards!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74