News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

It's Okay That You Don't Like Mornings--Your Memory Probably Doesn't Either

Started by xSilverPhinx, February 10, 2017, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Interesting read, thanks...I'm definitely a morning person in the sense that I enjoy the quiet and peace it brings. Last couple years I've been going to bed much earlier than I used to, though I might spend an hour reading before actually falling asleep, but I'm still falling asleep much earlier than I used to.

I find this allows me to get up early in the morning, a time lately that I've set aside just for myself, while everyone else in the house is still asleep, and it's quiet...quite only that time of day brings.

I make a cup of green tea (Matcha), sit and relax for a short time, than meditate for maybe 15 minutes.

QuoteIn his short novel "Cannery Row", John Steinbeck describes it as: "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."

This also allows me to get into the office, 30-45 minutes before anyone else normally arrives, and I love the chance to get settled in and sit quietly before the flood of emails, phone calls and meetings take over...not only relaxing, but I find it gives me better focus.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Bruno I have been there and done the before dawn routine for years. The hours before the world wakes up are magical. How in hell can a night guy have learned to appreciate the emergence of the sun in the east?

I hate mornings!  I am most assuredly a night owl type who does his best work after dark. I think that I am really messed up because I do know, appreciate,  and understand the marvels of the early morning revels. Just the same I prefer to stay up until after midnight, sometimes waaaay after midnight, to do my thing. Maybe I need to see a shrink.

Davin

In a world that better suits what seems to be a sleeping schedule that my body objects to the least, I'd wake up before the sun goes down and go to bed after it comes back up.

I have a few memory issues, but I seem to do better than most people I talk to. When it comes to routines, I tend to not remember much of going through them, but I usually remember that I had gone through them. I chalk this up to my brain not wanting to keep useless information hanging around so that I can remember more important things.

I do notice that for the first one or two hours after waking up that my brain is not very efficient (some would say it never improves).
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Harmonie

I have trouble sleeping in. Just something about my body. I don't know what it is. I can rarely sleep in past 7 in the morning.

It's actually kind of a happy life for me right now because that 7 am is a few hours or so before class. Even if I slept in a little past that, I would be okay. I don't ever have that awful feeling of knowing that I HAVE to get up even though I really do not want to. I'm pretty eager to get up, either way.

This is quite strange for me, to be such a morning person. However, I will say it is such a nice change from back when I worked nights. I couldn't get even 5 hours of sleep most days and waking up was a dread. This life is so much happier.

That's kind of scary where it talks about shifting sleep shifts would create issues in memory. I did that so much in my night-working years. Every weekend I would stay up and sleep at night more like a normal person.. Just because I hate it being daytime and me having to sleep.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Arturo

I think changes in routine can create issues in any area of your life. I heard of an autistic person and says that autism is similar to how animals behave. When the routine changes, the animals and the autistic people break down and go off the path completely.

I think maybe this could be so with people without autism just from what this post told me.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱