News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The Forum maybe, I'm not sure, possibly desperately needs a Trumt area.

Started by Bad Penny II, February 08, 2017, 10:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Ye I suppose there's the politics section but he's amorphous and it can't properly contain him, and shouldn't we contain him?
Doni Trumps Original Horrifiquarium.
Trump Sours
Hmm, well someone else may come up something.
Let it be noted though, if it's more popular than Horrifiquarium I'll hate them for it.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Hypothetically, if there were such a section of this forum devoted to Trump and trumpisms it could probably be called "Walled In". :grin:

I don't know, though. Trump already conquered the White House, should he also have some digital space in our little corner of the interwebs? :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

I don't want to give him that much attention. Let his bullshit stay in the politics forum to be forgotten when we've come past this.

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 09, 2017, 01:10:09 AM
I don't want to give him that much attention. Let his bullshit stay in the politics forum to be forgotten when we've come past this.

I agree with this. I also think the one trump thread is enough.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Honestly, I'm bored with Trump being on the front pages of most international media.  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Hmm, I suppose thst I am guilty in prolifersting things Trumpist by starting the "Abyss" thread.

My intention was to highlight things peripheral to The High Bozo himself, how he affected others and tried to drsg them into the pit and how others responded.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on February 09, 2017, 09:53:47 AM
Honestly, I'm bored with Trump being on the front pages of most international media.  :(

Yet he wll (hopefully only temporarily) shape history. It is the quality (or lack thereof) of the reporting that bothers me. Private citizens (such as I) are allowed to state perdonal opinion (within the laws of slander and libel) but the media should report only the facts - they hsve a responsibility to be truthful.

Yes, ask pointed or leading questions but . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Pasta Chick

The problem is that he's doing things we shouldn't ignore - maybe moreso for us in the US - on a daily basis.

I see no issue with more than one thread, as long as there is enough to it to form it's own topic. Posting a new thread for every new thing he does is futile and frustrating.

Asmodean

Well... For now, he's been moderately good to my stock options. I'm ambivalent on the whole travel ban situation and while I do consider The Wall™ Project a stupid and ultimately ineffective exercise in symbolism, I do not care too much.

The health care reform-reform does strike some sparks with me, but it's an internal US issue, so who am I to tell the US residents how to run their health care?

All in all, my jury on Trump is still out for a baguette and an argument, but currently, I'm leaning towards him being a slightly less dangerous joke than formerly anticipated.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.