News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Board Mods, I Have a Favor to Ask

Started by MadBomr101, February 01, 2017, 10:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

About a year ago, I asked Tank if I could post a link to vote on behalf of a book I was writing and he agreed to let me do so. The book wasn't finished at that time but that wasn't important for the votes I was going for.

Well, I have since finished the book. It's been available on Amazon since November. I was wondering if it would be okay for me to post a link so that if people here wanted to check it out they could go to its Amazon landing page, read the synopsis, read the reader reviews and maybe order a copy if they wanted.

Independent authors have to do all their own sales and marketing so I'm approaching many of the boards I post to and asking them for this. It would be a great help to me as I need to spread the word for the book to be found amid the millions of others on Amazon.

You can check it out in advance by clicking here - https://www.amazon.com/Wish-Upon-Star-Scott-MacDonald/dp/1539657736/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1479004165&sr=8-7&keywords=to+wish+upon+a+star

Let me know.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Recusant

No problem; you made the request through the proper channels, and it's already been approved.  :blue smiley:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MadBomr101

Super! Where would be the best place to post it for the most views? Miscellaneous is one of the least active forums. Is that the only place it can go?
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MadBomr101 on February 02, 2017, 12:08:47 AM
Super! Where would be the best place to post it for the most views? Miscellaneous is one of the least active forums. Is that the only place it can go?

The subforum with the most views would be the Laid Back Lounge. You could start a new topic there but it would probably be pushed off the first page relatively quickly, unless you bump it. You could put it there, in Media or Misc. It's your choice. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

I have just finished your book and written a review. It was sweet and well written, you did a good job, I was half expecting it to be a bit more.... amateur. But you have good style. My main complaint is editing. I get very distracted by little grammar mistakes or misspellings in published materials, so before you do your second print, please edit!  ;) But overall, good job! Now I'm going to give it to someone and tell them to read it and do a review also!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tom62

My book should have arrived yesterday :(.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

MadBomr101

Quote from: Dragonia on February 18, 2017, 01:09:12 AM
I have just finished your book and written a review. It was sweet and well written, you did a good job, I was half expecting it to be a bit more.... amateur. But you have good style. My main complaint is editing. I get very distracted by little grammar mistakes or misspellings in published materials, so before you do your second print, please edit!  ;) But overall, good job! Now I'm going to give it to someone and tell them to read it and do a review also!

Thanks, Dragonia. Are you the reviewer, Delven? I'm assuming that's you since it's the newest one. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Glad to see I'm maintaining my 4.5 out of 5 stars average. I need more reviews and more exposure though so, please, tell your friends and family to check it out. Maybe a Facebook post with a link?

I know I'm shilling but self-promotion is mandatory for authors.  ;)

Re: various grammar or spelling typos - I edited it numerous times and I'm not aware of any remaining typos. Still, I'll give it the once over again. It's easy to miss things in a large document after looking at it so many times. You just sort of zone out.

Thanks so much for your feedback.  Greatly appreciated.
- Bomr

MadBomr101

Quote from: Tom62 on February 18, 2017, 07:10:39 AM
My book should have arrived yesterday :(.

Let us know when it arrives. Otherwise, you can always call Amazon customer support if necessary.
- Bomr

Tank

You should have noted he issues, highlighted them and then emailed them to MB101.

Do you have access to a scanner?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Tank on February 18, 2017, 07:47:57 PM

You should have noted he issues, highlighted them and then emailed them to MB101.

That would be hugely helpful if you can remember where they were. Even if you can only remember one or two would be good. Just a page number and a notation of the issue you saw is enough for me to find it.
- Bomr

MadBomr101

- Bomr

Dragonia

Well, MadBomr, since you asked, I did note where the mistakes were (I think I missed my calling to be some kind of editor). I will happily PM you within the next couple of days to let you know where they are.  :D
Oh, and yes, I am Delven.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

MadBomr101

Quote from: Dragonia on February 19, 2017, 02:58:10 AM
Well, MadBomr, since you asked, I did note where the mistakes were (I think I missed my calling to be some kind of editor). I will happily PM you within the next couple of days to let you know where they are.  :D
Oh, and yes, I am Delven.

Terrific! Saves me a lot of work.
- Bomr