News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

HAF is Now On Tapatalk

Started by Recusant, January 31, 2017, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

For those of you who use mobile phones to surf the net, we've installed a taptalk mod in the hope that it will make it easier for you to use the site from your phones. We're listed as "Happy Atheist Forum" (without the quote marks). If you don't have the tapatalk app, you can get it for free from the tapatalk site. Please let us know if you have any problems with that, or with using the app to visit the forum.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I've installed the app and am now following HAF. It seems to be working fine, and the interface is definitely more user friendly.  :thumbsup:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Ah, I'm glad to hear that. If it weren't working there's a technical adjustment that I would have had to make that would have been troublesome for me. I only have a stupidfone, so can't check the functionality. Thanks for the feedback, xSilverPhinx:frolic:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on February 02, 2017, 03:18:45 AM
Ah, I'm glad to hear that. If it weren't working there's a technical adjustment that I would have had to make that would have been troublesome for me. I only have a stupidfone, so can't check the functionality. Thanks for the feedback, xSilverPhinx:frolic:
No problem. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

xSilverPhinx

^ Well, their smilies seem to be working too. 

Dave

Ooer, looked for "The Happy Atheist Forum", no sign. Take off the "The" and hey presto!

Search engine seems to need specfic name - not so good.

Haven't got into it yet.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

I couldn't see forum smilies and I had to continually uncheck the box that said it was from tapatalk
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Nevermind this post, just testing.

Sent from my ASUS_X013D using Tapatalk

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 15, 2018, 02:12:27 PM

Just what does Tapatalk do for one that standard kit does not?

No one

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Davin

I do not like the default footer thing, I think it should be off by default.

Quote from: Dave on March 15, 2018, 02:51:11 PM
Tapatalk runs a bit better on my phone than using my phone's browser. I don't think it's as good as on the desktop web browser, but it's better than using my mobile web browser.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on March 15, 2018, 04:05:28 PM

Tapatalk runs a bit better on my phone than using my phone's browser. I don't think it's as good as on the desktop web browser, but it's better than using my mobile web browser.
Thanks, Davin.I am happy with the way Chrome runs on this Android tablet, as well as on my laptop (excepting some obvious screen room/size differences). I wondered if it made typing easier from its name,  I could do with help there!

I should not be lazy and should make use of my Bluetooth keyboard - but can't use that and still enjoy my career as a couch-slouch, needs a flat surface.

Davin

Quote from: Dave on March 15, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

Thanks, Davin.I am happy with the way Chrome runs on this Android tablet, as well as on my laptop (excepting some obvious screen room/size differences). I wondered if it made typing easier from its name,  I could do with help there!

I should not be lazy and should make use of my Bluetooth keyboard - but can't use that and still enjoy my career as a couch-slouch, needs a flat surface.
It uses your regular android kb. I do not like onscreen keyboards, not since the 90s. They have improved for mobile phones, but it's still my least favorite way to write.

Do you type each letter or have you tried using the swipe features on some of the keyboards? They tend to help me avoid many typos, they do often cause other issues like choosing the wrong word, but overall it's better for me. Just takes a little while to get used to it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on March 15, 2018, 04:42:22 PM
Quote from: Dave on March 15, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

It uses your regular android kb. I do not like onscreen keyboards, not since the 90s. They have improved for mobile phones, but it's still my least favorite way to write.

Do you type each letter or have you tried using the swipe features on some of the keyboards? They tend to help me avoid many typos, they do often cause other issues like choosing the wrong word, but overall it's better for me. Just takes a little while to get used to it.

Tried that when I first got a tablet but never really got used to it. This 10" tablet has a reasonable size keyboard and, now that I have some new styli I should use them - I can see what I am hitting rather than covering the keys up with bits of anatomy! And type more slowly maybe. The phone is a pain though, even used sideways to get slightly bigger keys.

Can't beat the real thing though.