Author Topic: Tech help  (Read 1444 times)

Gloucester

• Touched by His Noodly Appendage
Re: Tech help
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 10:58:41 AM »
How's about you pay your next visit to old sneezy wearing a surgical mask and gloves, FB?

:devil2:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2017, 05:29:36 PM »
Today when I accessed the HAF forum, the first thing I got was a full screen popup that is a survey or opinion poll about HAF. It offered me a chance to win $50.  I closed that screen and later shut off the computer. Now that I have later restarted the computer, dialed HAF, the same polling screen popped up.

Q: is that something the HAF is doing or is it some kind of scam that preys on poor old slobs like me?  I suspect the latter.

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • You two dig up, dig up dinosaurs?
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2017, 07:48:51 PM »
Today when I accessed the HAF forum, the first thing I got was a full screen popup that is a survey or opinion poll about HAF. It offered me a chance to win $50.  I closed that screen and later shut off the computer. Now that I have later restarted the computer, dialed HAF, the same polling screen popped up.

Q: is that something the HAF is doing or is it some kind of scam that preys on poor old slobs like me?  I suspect the latter.

It hasn't done it for me so I suspect scam
But, uh...well there it is.

"Nothing's a struggle, but everything is a challenge" - Anon

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 12:14:04 AM »

Scam. Nothing to do with HAF. If HAF organised something like this we'd tell people it is happening before we did it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 10:46:30 AM »
Than you. I suspected some scheme that would try to sell me a bible, a penis enlarging scheme. or stock in a wildcat oil drilling venture.

Gloucester

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 10:49:33 AM »
Than you. I suspected some scheme that would try to sell me a bible, a penis enlarging scheme. or stock in a wildcat oil drilling venture.

Whereabouts do they drill for wild cats then!  :notsure:

OldGit

• Ich em alder thene ich wes awintre and ech a lare
  • Guardian of Reason
  • No amount of belief makes something a fact.
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »
No, Glos - they drill things using wildcat oil as a lubricant.  It is said to work well.

Gloucester

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
No, Glos - they drill things using wildcat oil as a lubricant.  It is said to work well.

Ah, they drill the oil out of the wildcats?