News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Having A Little Confusion

Started by Arturo, January 18, 2017, 11:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

So I'm watching a good show, the main character is about to fight a bad guy and his companions take off in a flying car, he says "I hope he didn't hear them leave" and I start thinking "Well in reality, being that close, it's probable that he actually heard them". When I thought if that were to happen to me, I got scared. And that sent me on a trip (maybe a flash back?) of what I fear, what I use to fear, and a certain experience that made me feel sad (to the point where if I think about it, I don't feel the sadness that I expect but I feel everything leading up to it and instead of feeling sad I feel warm)

I'm not sure how to explain this or if any of you will understand. It certainly lends itself, to me, that I don't understand any of it. Maybe I just had a flashback, who knows.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

I fear it's a bit subjective for me to follow.

Not really being a psychologist on any level I don't know what to call it. An attempt to reprocess a traumatic memory maybe?

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 18, 2017, 11:51:00 PM
I fear it's a bit subjective for me to follow.

Not really being a psychologist on any level I don't know what to call it. An attempt to reprocess a traumatic memory maybe?

Could be, I took a lot of drugs in the past and that sent me on a crazy adventure I would also not know how to explain.

EDIT: Now that I think about it a little more and better comprehend what you said; it might have actually been that I was reprocessing a memory because, as I was thinking about the things in the OP, I recalled a situation as if it were actually happening again. I felt the same fear, I rationalized it the same way as before, and I remembered the word that triggered me into the whole thing to begin with.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱