News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

HAF Members' Map

Started by Recusant, January 09, 2017, 03:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

As pointed out in this post by ColdFeet and the reply by xSilverPhinx, the members' maps that we have are sadly out of date. It was suggested there that a new one be created, so here it is: Happy Atheist Members Worldwide

There are a couple of ways to add yourself to the map, but it appears that you need to have or create a Google account to do it.

If you're already signed in to your Google account, you can just click the link above and proceed from there, or you can click the link and sign in from that page.

Once you're there and signed in, you can click the "Edit" link on the left hand side of the page. This will bring up the editing options.

To create a personalized pin, click the pin icon circled in red above ("Add Marker"), then find your location on the map and click on it. You should give your pin some sort of name, otherwise it will be called "Point x", "x" being a number that represents the order in which pins have been added to the map.

If you'd rather just add a pin for your city or neighborhood, type its name into the search box above the editing options. That will add a provisional pin named after your location to the map. In the box that appears above the pin, click the "Add to Map" link.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Hat tip to xSilverPhinx and ColdFeet.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

I added me :) but who is this? "Foster Road, Portland"
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

hermes2015

Thank you for setting it up again. I just added my little pin.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Added, Leeds, Yorkshire, England.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Nice to be on a map...

Thanks, Recusant.  :)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

:boaterhat: It was my pleasure. I can only claim credit for facilitating it, though.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on January 10, 2017, 11:58:58 PM
:boaterhat: It was my pleasure. I can only claim credit for facilitating it, though.

Though the term is often mocked facilitators are necessary people.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Cool! Done.  Now I'm on the map - I'm finally Somebody!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 11, 2017, 12:50:34 PM
Cool! Done.  Now I'm on the map - I'm finally Somebody!

I'm on the map now as well, and feel likewise; I'm somebody now!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dragonia

I just added me! And this is fun to look at, I just went on a 3 week, 6,600 mile journey across the states, and see that I went right by at least 4 of you  :D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dragonia on January 11, 2017, 01:31:09 PM
I just added me! And this is fun to look at, I just went on a 3 week, 6,600 mile journey across the states, and see that I went right by at least 4 of you  :D

I believed I noticed your fly-over Dragonia. I remember being outside one day in the recent weeks, when a shadow passed slowly over-head, and I got very scared...and I trembled like I hadn't since the days of Smaug.

;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."