News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine

Started by joeactor, December 27, 2016, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 31, 2016, 11:26:15 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 31, 2016, 05:24:28 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 29, 2016, 03:18:38 PM
Depending on the herbs, they generally take weeks to months to really see a difference.
In other words, the time frame for me to get better all by my skeptical self?

These remedies are generally aimed at chronic issues, not acute illnesses. Anyone selling "cures" for the common cold is full of shit, regardless of what ideology they preach.

If you were constantly suffering acute illnesses, a natural practitioner could work to strengthen your immune system to better fight off colds and flus before you get them. There are plenty of substances known to have this effect - zinc, for instance, which is commonly marketed as a common cold cure, does not work acutely but is proven to help your boost your immune system if taken long-term.
Oh, certainly. I do not dispute the effectiveness of certain traditional remedies. After all, putting pressure on a wound is still a good way to staunch bleeding after all those thousands of years. Still, modern traditional medicine, especially of Asian origins, is so full of shit in general that personally, I would not go down that road at all if I had a legitimate health issue. My doctor has an M.D. he actually is worthy of and he reads mags with all the cool modern stuff in. I'll try that in stead.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on January 02, 2017, 05:04:14 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 31, 2016, 11:26:15 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 31, 2016, 05:24:28 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 29, 2016, 03:18:38 PM
Depending on the herbs, they generally take weeks to months to really see a difference.
In other words, the time frame for me to get better all by my skeptical self?

These remedies are generally aimed at chronic issues, not acute illnesses. Anyone selling "cures" for the common cold is full of shit, regardless of what ideology they preach.

If you were constantly suffering acute illnesses, a natural practitioner could work to strengthen your immune system to better fight off colds and flus before you get them. There are plenty of substances known to have this effect - zinc, for instance, which is commonly marketed as a common cold cure, does not work acutely but is proven to help your boost your immune system if taken long-term.
Oh, certainly. I do not dispute the effectiveness of certain traditional remedies. After all, putting pressure on a wound is still a good way to staunch bleeding after all those thousands of years. Still, modern traditional medicine, especially of Asian origins, is so full of shit in general that personally, I would not go down that road at all if I had a legitimate health issue. My doctor has an M.D. he actually is worthy of and he reads mags with all the cool modern stuff in. I'll try that in stead.
With you there, Asmo. Horses for courses, peppermint works, in the long term, on IBS for many people. Any clsims to chre, or even offer relief ftom, the likes of cancer etc. for non-prescription health-food-shop stuff is oure shit. One botanical that works with some cancers, an extract from an evergreen, is very dangerous if misused.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Pasta Chick

Stuff that works on cancer is super tricky, because it's not curative despite having some positive effect. And so the "all nature! chemo kills!" crowd has plenty of fuel. It gets extra complicated when you start taking into account how the natural remedies work versus chemotherapies. Generally they are contraindicated. So you get all sorts of cases where people ultimately hurt themselves loading on super doses of things like turmeric and omega 3s while on other drugs.

Ecurb Noselrub

ACV also cures warts, hemorrhoids, itchy scrotum, bad breath, and ALS.  😋

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 02, 2017, 09:07:17 PM

In dogs it cures upset stomach, allergies, dry skin, yeast infections, tear staining, bad breath, chronic UTIs, dissolves crystals and stones, both lowers and raises pH and "detoxifies" the body.

And that's just the list I hear regularly.

joeactor

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 02, 2017, 09:16:27 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 02, 2017, 09:07:17 PM

In dogs it cures upset stomach, allergies, dry skin, yeast infections, tear staining, bad breath, chronic UTIs, dissolves crystals and stones, both lowers and raises pH and "detoxifies" the body.

And that's just the list I hear regularly.

The real question: is ACV better than Windex?

joeactor