News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinion

Started by Pasta Chick, December 21, 2016, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 01, 2017, 03:32:18 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on April 01, 2017, 03:05:47 AM
Quote from: Icarus on March 31, 2017, 11:18:10 PM
Bruno he was also a despicable ass hole in the movie True Grit.  He could shoot pretty good for a one eyed guy.

True Icarus, he was actually pretty good in that movie. I was probably being a bit hard on his acting ability, but I just get annoyed with the hero worship from some folks.

Not to derail with John Wayne, but did you see the movie "Trumbo"?  Wayne is only a minor character but I thought they did a very even-handed job depicting him.

I never saw this movie unfortunately, and now that I looked up the film details I remember seeing the trailers for it and wanting to watch it, but for some reason never got around to it.

I've put this on my movies to watch list...thanks Books.

I don't like flip-flops. Not sure if that's an unpopular opinion or not, but I'm putting it out there.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

A bit of trivia: I chatted with John Wayne every morning for about a week when I left my flat in York Mansions, Prince of Wales Drive, Battersea. I was living in number 62. He would be standing outside waiting for the film crew to set up when I came out. They were filming Brannigan, some scenes of which were filmed in another flat near mine on the same floor. I found him pleasant, quiet-spoken and humble. I never asked him for his autograph, though.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 03, 2017, 03:39:54 PM
A bit of trivia: I chatted with John Wayne every morning for about a week when I left my flat in York Mansions, Prince of Wales Drive, Battersea. I was living in number 62. He would be standing outside waiting for the film crew to set up when I came out. They were filming Brannigan, some scenes of which were filmed in another flat near mine on the same floor. I found him pleasant, quiet-spoken and humble. I never asked him for his autograph, though.

Well that's really interesting and cool hermes (I never realized while looking at your ankle avatar that you were that old, that is I'm assuming you must be in your 60's at least based on the fact this film was released in 1975?)

That would have been about 4-5 years before his death.

hermes2015

Ha, that is not my ankle - I wish! I created the rendering in Poser Pro and Cinema 4D.

It was in 1974 when they made the movie. I was a tenant in quite a large flat. The owner knew the Beatles and people like George Melly well. One day he was out when the phone in the living room rang, so I answered and spoke for a few minutes to a guy with a Liverpool accent. When he heard that my landlord was out, he said, "Tell him Ringo called". Oh yes, it was Ringo Starr.

BTW, I am turning 71 this year.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Turning 71 Hermes?  Let me be among the first to wish you many happy returns.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on April 04, 2017, 12:32:39 AM
Turning 71 Hermes?  Let me be among the first to wish you many happy returns.

Thank you very much, but my birthday is in July. I prefer to forget them these days.
― Charles Eames

Pasta Chick

I sympathize with people who get frustrated waiting for parking.

And yeah, some people are just dickholes about it. If the lot is 3/4 empty and you're beeping at someone because you don't want to walk an extra 15 feet, gtfo.

But all these memes about "if you beep at me I will wait in my car til one of us is dead"? Wtf are you doing that long in the goddamn parking lot anyway? Parking lots are public use for the store or area they're attached to. You don't fucking own a parking space indefinitely because you happen to be occupying it. Do your shit and move the fuck along.

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 04, 2017, 05:02:38 AM

And yeah, some people are just dickholes about it. If the lot is 3/4 empty and you're beeping at someone because you don't want to walk an extra 15 feet, gtfo.

But all these memes about "if you beep at me I will wait in my car til one of us is dead"? Wtf are you doing that long in the goddamn parking lot anyway? Parking lots are public use for the store or area they're attached to. You don't fucking own a parking space indefinitely because you happen to be occupying it. Do your shit and move the fuck along.
I don't know what you mean by beeping but there was a girl who blocked me into the gas station pump by pulling up next to me. I honked my horn and she decided not to move. Her boyfriend came out all pissed asking me if there was a prob. I told him "yes, tell your fucking girlfriend to move her god damn car."
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on April 04, 2017, 05:17:30 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 04, 2017, 05:02:38 AM

I don't know what you mean by beeping but there was a girl who blocked me into the gas station pump by pulling up next to me. I honked my horn and she decided not to move. Her boyfriend came out all pissed asking me if there was a prob. I told him "yes, tell your fucking girlfriend to move her god damn car."

I'm simply going to agree with you both here, and then leave it at that otherwise I'll spend the entire morning commenting on parking, parking lots, the way people drive, the way they park, etc...I seriously think I could come close to a dissertation on this subject alone.

Okay this is definitely going to be an unpopular opinion here on this forum, especially as the subject has it's very own thread. I hope y'all will still like me, but here it goes.

I've never watched one single episode of the "Walking Dead". :-[

(Sorry, just not into zombie stuff since I watched Dawn of the Dead II. I do admit that I watch the original "Night of the Living Dead" at least once or twice a year as it's a classic, but that's it.)
Not saying I wouldn't watch it, but meh, just not much interest.

hermes2015

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 04, 2017, 02:13:17 PM
(Sorry, just not into zombie stuff since I watched Dawn of the Dead II. I do admit that I watch the original "Night of the Living Dead" at least once or twice a year as it's a classic, but that's it.)

Oh, thank you, thank you. I thought I was the only person on earth who thought like that.

I still think I am the only human who does not use Facebook becasue I have real "friends".
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2017, 02:20:26 PM

Oh, thank you, thank you. I thought I was the only person on earth who thought like that.

I still think I am the only human who does not use Facebook becasue I have real "friends".

I'm not on Facebook either... ;D (You sound like a really cool person Hermes) 8)

Dave

QuoteI've never watched one single episode of the "Walking Dead". :-[

Nor me, Bro Bru. But then, I don't not never watch TV and decided that kind of stuff was not my bag anyway.

Though I did watch Buffy, as a comedy show. (And because I fancied the "Willow" character.) (And got a giggle out of the characterisation of the English librarian character.)

Never seen even a minute of "Game of Thrones" either.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 04, 2017, 02:27:23 PM

I'm not on Facebook either... ;D (You sound like a really cool person Hermes) 8)
There's at least three of us then!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Yup, I am close to absolute zero.
― Charles Eames

Pasta Chick

Some of the old George Romero films are worth watching, when they're about making a statement and not just a gore fest. Modern zombie movies don't do much for me either. TWD had some interesting sociological stuff going on at first but it's morphed into complete ridiculousness and I don't recommend it.

I appreciate that Facebook is not for everyone but trashing it is pretty unfair. I use Facebook to keep in touch with my real friends, some of whom are thousands of miles away and would have little opportunity to chat otherwise.