News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Apathy's YouTube Channel

Started by Arturo, November 03, 2016, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on March 29, 2017, 02:13:13 PM
Quote from: Arturo on March 29, 2017, 06:43:15 AM
I'm beginning a test on myself with Retention Techniques I've learned from the book "How We Learn". Details below
Testing Retention Techniques (All Videos): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLymSITx6pUAnVQwHtlraMCoy3ykwd9AE5
Stay tuned for updates to the playlist as I will be making weekly progress reports every Wednesday. And as always, thank you guys so much for watching, if you LIKED IT, please come back, and I will see you in the next video! Peace!

Interested to see how well it works for you. I'm currently learning Spanish with DuoLingo, but it's been difficult.
Yeah, immersion is the best way I heard. I've done it when I listened to music in spanish but I've lost most of those words. Plus smart phones weren't invented then so I couldn't know what the words meant. Now I can translate at a whim.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Arturo on March 30, 2017, 02:57:21 AM
I'm beginning a test on myself with Retention Techniques I've learned from the book "How We Learn". Details below
Testing Retention Techniques (All Videos): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLymSITx6pUAnVQwHtlraMCoy3ykwd9AE5
Stay tuned for updates to the playlist as I will be making weekly progress reports every Wednesday. And as always, thank you guys so much for watching, if you LIKED IT, please come back, and I will see you in the next video! Peace!

Interested to see how well it works for you. I'm currently learning Spanish with DuoLingo, but it's been difficult.
Yeah, immersion is the best way I heard. I've done it when I listened to music in spanish but I've lost most of those words. Plus smart phones weren't invented then so I couldn't know what the words meant. Now I can translate at a whim.

I've just started watching some Netflix movies. Either in Spanish with English subtitles, or in English with Spanish subtitles. First movie I caught maybe 1 in 5 words, so not too bad. It's spoken faster than I'm used to listening.

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on March 30, 2017, 03:24:50 PM
Quote from: Arturo on March 30, 2017, 02:57:21 AM

I've just started watching some Netflix movies. Either in Spanish with English subtitles, or in English with Spanish subtitles. First movie I caught maybe 1 in 5 words, so not too bad. It's spoken faster than I'm used to listening.

Spanish is famously fast spoken. Music they actually speak slower.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Testing Retention Techniques - Week 2 https://youtu.be/6Ixi1RXhePw

I forgot to mention that I am also studying for a math placement test that I am not including in the videos.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on April 30, 2017, 04:01:51 AM
An Uplifting Story

https://youtu.be/x89tomVRolU

I'm glad to hear about all the good things that are happening in your life right now.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

solidsquid

An Uplifting Story

Glad to hear things are looking up.  I hit a pretty low point myself a few years ago.  I had a decent job, was married, had a nice house (rental but still pretty nice), and everything was going pretty good.  Then it all went to shit pretty quick - got laid off from my job, had a hard time finding something else because it was 2010 and the job market was horrible.  Ended up having to move out of the house and move 2 hours away to stay with family.  Around that time my wife had decided she was going to bail on me. I turned to giving guitar lessons every day just to have some kind of income besides the tiny unemployment check I had.

It all turned around slowly after I finally scored a job.  It was a fraction of what I had been making but it was a job.  I worked there for a couple of years. Met and started dating my current wife and was able to get my own apartment.  So, things can turn around definitely.  It sometimes just takes a lot of patience, perseverance, and hard work.  It's far too easy to accept a situation and just stay at rock bottom.  Too many people get lost there and simply give up.

Arturo

Quote from: solidsquid on April 30, 2017, 03:59:23 PM
An Uplifting Story

Glad to hear things are looking up.  I hit a pretty low point myself a few years ago.  I had a decent job, was married, had a nice house (rental but still pretty nice), and everything was going pretty good.  Then it all went to shit pretty quick - got laid off from my job, had a hard time finding something else because it was 2010 and the job market was horrible.  Ended up having to move out of the house and move 2 hours away to stay with family.  Around that time my wife had decided she was going to bail on me. I turned to giving guitar lessons every day just to have some kind of income besides the tiny unemployment check I had.

It all turned around slowly after I finally scored a job.  It was a fraction of what I had been making but it was a job.  I worked there for a couple of years. Met and started dating my current wife and was able to get my own apartment.  So, things can turn around definitely.  It sometimes just takes a lot of patience, perseverance, and hard work.  It's far too easy to accept a situation and just stay at rock bottom.  Too many people get lost there and simply give up.
:thumbsup: Good way to look at your life too.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

An Uplifting Story

Getting your own place will be a cool adventure. Your dad sounds like a great guy. Congrats!

Arturo

So do you guys think my story telling has gotten any better on this forum or in my videos?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Arturo on May 02, 2017, 07:29:11 AM
So do you guys think my story telling has gotten any better on this forum or in my videos?

I think you're getting more comfortable on the vids. Seem more focused too.

It's a fine line... You don't want to seem scripted. It's better to be real.

It's also good that the topics are ones you're personally interested in. That gives a good energy level.

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱