News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Do you respect believers?

Started by MatureMcLeod, October 14, 2016, 12:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

This story about the Columbia Road Baptist Church , and one of their youth pastors named Brian Mitchell who was sentenced 10 years in prison for raping a 16 year old member of the church is beyond disgusting.

Not only did this piece of deplorable human garbage rape the young girl, but the church demanded an apology from the victim to the perps wife!

...After the youth pastor was arrested for repeatedly raping the unnamed teen girl, officials at the Columbia Road Baptist Church blamed and shamed the young victim, and forbid the family of the unnamed teenager from attending services until she apologize to the wife of youth pastor Brian Mitchell...

...The girl's mother said in court that church officials told her their family couldn't return to the church until she apologized to Mitchell's wife...

Once again I have a hard time respecting believers when I read something like this, especially when you read that current members have continued to support the youth pastor.

...And while church members blamed and shamed the teen for being raped, they showed sympathy for the rapist. The former youth pastor received around three dozen letters of support from church members...

This is sick, and yes it does cause me to be less tolerant of believers...especially those who try to enforce their beliefs on others, and offer apologetic bullshit in defense of pastors and churches like this one.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

I can't muster up any respect for those believers.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Well, you have to understand. The real victim was a respected nember of the congregation when along comes this young trollop who tempts him by  being attractive and friendly.

Just like the Moslem men who are tempted to sin by every women whose beauty they can see. It is all the woman's fault for merely being a woman! Temptresses all!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

It seems the brain power of this flock isn't the equivalent of a wet match in a dark room.

Dave

Quote from: No one on September 14, 2017, 08:52:24 PM
It seems the brain power of this flock isn't the equivalent of a wet match in a dark room.

Like a fart in a thunderstorm?

Yet, sorrowfully, powerful enough in that sort of culture to leave a young lady feeling soiled and guilty.

In the possibility that she did "come on" to him he is still guilty of psychological, ethical and moral weakness and being totally unfit for any position of responsibility in any organisation.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 14, 2017, 07:11:48 PM
This story about the Columbia Road Baptist Church , and one of their youth pastors named Brian Mitchell who was sentenced 10 years in prison for raping a 16 year old member of the church is beyond disgusting.

Not only did this piece of deplorable human garbage rape the young girl, but the church demanded an apology from the victim to the perps wife!

...After the youth pastor was arrested for repeatedly raping the unnamed teen girl, officials at the Columbia Road Baptist Church blamed and shamed the young victim, and forbid the family of the unnamed teenager from attending services until she apologize to the wife of youth pastor Brian Mitchell...

...The girl's mother said in court that church officials told her their family couldn't return to the church until she apologized to Mitchell's wife...

Once again I have a hard time respecting believers when I read something like this, especially when you read that current members have continued to support the youth pastor.

...And while church members blamed and shamed the teen for being raped, they showed sympathy for the rapist. The former youth pastor received around three dozen letters of support from church members...

This is sick, and yes it does cause me to be less tolerant of believers...especially those who try to enforce their beliefs on others, and offer apologetic bullshit in defense of pastors and churches like this one.

What. The. Fuck.

What the hell is going on in their deranged minds? Is it because this youth raper pastor is seen as an authority figure and so couldn't be in the wrong? That god is on his side?

Disgusting meatbags that belong in the garbage. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Dragonia

This is sickening. What's even more unbelievable is that the people in this church are just like people all around us. Well, all around me anyway. And I've seen it happen.
They probably think this asshole is a good, god-fearing, family man.
The girl is probably a bit of a wild child, whose faith and morals are questionable.
Thats all they need. Who cares if she said NO. She was obviously leading him into temptation.
That all makes sense to me.
But what I don't get is the fact that the girl's family seemed to want to continue attending that church, as evidenced by the apology demand. Why in the HELL would they ever want to step foot in that shithole ever again? It makes me feel like the parents don't believe their daughter either.
There's a LOT of info missing from this short little article.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on September 15, 2017, 12:49:42 PM
This is sickening. What's even more unbelievable is that the people in this church are just like people all around us. Well, all around me anyway. And I've seen it happen.
They probably think this asshole is a good, god-fearing, family man.
The girl is probably a bit of a wild child, whose faith and morals are questionable.
Thats all they need. Who cares if she said NO. She was obviously leading him into temptation.
That all makes sense to me.
But what I don't get is the fact that the girl's family seemed to want to continue attending that church, as evidenced by the apology demand. Why in the HELL would they ever want to step foot in that shithole ever again? It makes me feel like the parents don't believe their daughter either.
There's a LOT of info missing from this short little article.

I can well inagine that the parents (and parents come in all grades from brilliant to evil), being the seemingly god-fearin' up-standing shits citizens of god's country they possibly are, may also blame their daughter.  It is not an uncommon scenario even over here.

No one

Had this been my daughter, that church would have been razed to the ground! And the pastor would have been chum!