Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Judaism?

Started by SisterAgatha, September 25, 2017, 08:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on September 26, 2017, 06:15:33 PM
Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 26, 2017, 05:36:39 PM
I just did. He told me you should be a little less sassy and snarky and little more about to at least learning about Him, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Just say a little prayer to him... ;)
That's weird, when I talked to god, it said:

Quote from: god

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 25, 2017, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 25, 2017, 10:37:58 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 25, 2017, 09:45:57 PM
Dave, are suggesting that Father Bruno is in a convent with SisterAgatha?
:snicker:

:notsure: Hmm...

Agatha in Portuguese is Ágata which is very similar to a gata, which means the female cat:chin:

Maybe there is some cosmic conspiracy to make us believe that Father Bruno is somehow involved!  :worried:

Sister a gata...Yes.
Everyone knows how much The Father loves gatos y gatas.

Sista gata.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on September 26, 2017, 01:06:38 AM
Do you have any specific questions, SisterAgatha? Despite the fact that for a time in my youth I was known as 'the token Jew' I'll admit that I have much more acquaintance with Jewish people than I do with Judaism. Those that I've known have treated their religion as an irrelevance or at best an excuse to throw a dinner party (Seder). I'm familiar with the Old Testament though, and can certainly see why thoughtful Jews would be willing to toss that aside. As with any other regressive form of religion, fundamentalist Judaism is notable for its repugnant notions. A mild example: "Rabbi Bans Females From Riding Bikes Because It's 'Provocative'" | patheos

QuoteAn ultra-orthodox Jewish rabbi of the Jerusalem neighborhood of Nahloat has banned girls age five and above from riding bicycles in some areas of Israel, claiming the activity is "immodest" and "provocative."

Age five and above?! What is it with religious figures and institutions and finding underage girls (and boys) "provocative"?

cough Catholic cough cough church cough scandals! Wheeze Pedophile coverups!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey