News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Babylon 5 Rewatch

Started by Kekerusey, October 03, 2016, 09:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kekerusey

There are two series in my life that I consider pretty much revolutionary, in effect epiphanies for me.

The second is "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" and the first, as the title suggests, is "Babylon 5".

A couple of days back I watched the pilot episode, "The Gathering" which was OK I suppose but then tonight I decided to start right back at the beginning of Season 1 and I have to say that any show that leaves me with a huge smile on my face is alright by me.

So, epsiode 2 ... ugh! OTOH I always hated this one ("Soul Hunter"). Ah well!

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Waski_the_Squirrel

This series had some serious flaws, and I almost didn't get into it because of the lackluster first season. However, the scope of the storytelling, the world building (even if the science was flawed), and the grand ideas really came clear after that first season, and even explained why the first season was the way it was.

I think my greatest complaint was the way the series rushed the handling of the Shadows and the Vorlons after all the buildup. I realize they thought they were under time constraints, but still...

Babylon 5 truly had an epic scope and a vision that wasn't tacked on at the end: it was there from the beginning.

Kekerusey

Quote from: Waski_the_Squirrel on October 04, 2016, 02:31:50 AM
This series had some serious flaws  ... Babylon 5 truly had an epic scope and a vision that wasn't tacked on at the end: it was there from the beginning.

I can't disagree ... although I'm not a real fan of season 1, it is used to build the foundation for later seasons. Season 5 I would largely rather forget.

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires