News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

So, Don't Call Him "Our Dear Leader"?

Started by Recusant, September 13, 2016, 09:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Probably many of the folks here have heard this story, but there's no thread about it.

"North Korea bans sarcasm because Kim Jong-un fears people only agree with him 'ironically'" | Independent

QuoteNorth Korea has forbidden people from making sarcastic comments about Kim Jong-un or his totalitarian regime in their everyday conversations.

Even indirect criticism of the authoritarian government has been banned, Asian media reported.

Residents were warned against criticising the state in a series of mass meetings held by functionaries across the country.

[. . .]

Officials told people that sarcastic expressions such as "This is all America's fault" would constitute unacceptable criticism of the regime.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

Well sarcasm is an easy thing to ban. It's not difficult at all to detect, it's especially easy to detect sarcasm in text.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.