News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Retired?

Started by Dave, August 16, 2016, 04:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Do we need a new word/phrase for those of us who have stopped working for a living but are still functionally using our work experience and skills?

I still tend to describe myself as a "retired engineeting/development lab technician". Trye I am retired but using my skills (as I can without access to the kit I had at work) as much as needed.

So,  have not really retired as a technician, I have "re-purposed" my skill-set to non-work ends.

Hmm, do I describe myself as a "self re-purposed lab tech" and get others guessing what it neans!?

If you are no longer a wage slave but still using your skills how would you call yourself to give the idea you are still active?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Good question G.  I am also a mechanical engineer who is still involved with at least some advisory responsibility. 

As a matter of fact I am not much concerned about a descriptive title.  I am satisfied with "Crafty Old fart" (COF) or something similar.