News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

question

Started by imaginaryfriendless, July 28, 2016, 05:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imaginaryfriendless

I have a forum question or two and was wondering if there's a sort of "this is how everything works" page. Im fairly new to forums. The bars under your user name, vary in number and color, blue gold or red...various little icons here and there. Im just wondering if there is a key or legend or something?
Jamie

98% of us will die, at some point in our lives.

Recusant

Quote from: imaginaryfriendless on July 28, 2016, 05:18:10 AM
I have a forum question or two and was wondering if there's a sort of "this is how everything works" page. Im fairly new to forums. The bars under your user name, vary in number and color, blue gold or red...various little icons here and there. Im just wondering if there is a key or legend or something?

Threads in the "Ask HAF" board may answer some of your questions, and of course you can ask questions in this thread. The yellow blocks under the usernames are indications of the number of posts the member has made. Five blue blocks is a moderator, five red ones is an administrator. Most of the little icons in a post, if you hover your cursor over them, will pop up a mouse-over text that should explain what they are. Feel free to ask about anything in particular that arouses your curiosity.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

imaginaryfriendless

Ah, that makes sense. The blocks are new to me, so they had me baffled- thank you!

Yes, the hovering bit I'm familiar with, but I'm not always certain what the description that pops up is trying to tell me. I'll explore the section you mentioned and if I'm still lost, I'll assemble a list of questions so I don't keep bugging everyone. I'd rather discuss more interesting things than "what does that button do?" and I'm sure everyone else would to, although everyone has been very nice. Quite a change from my last experience!

Thanks again, Recusant!

Cheers!
Jamie

98% of us will die, at some point in our lives.