News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

People Person

Started by gentle_dissident, June 24, 2016, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

Hello from Enid Oklahoma. I'm looking forward to a friendly experience. I'm told by people I bring up the subject with that people don't like people and that I should give up trying to find friends. I read on the net that socializing has been on a steady decline in the US for years. I've been taken advantage of a bit in my 48 years and have no friends other than my live in GF, but I still hope to find friends someday.

I'm a creator. I went to film school in the eighties and made films which are long gone from multiple moves. I worked in 3D graphics in the eighties, but my portfolio was stolen by someone hoping to convince an outfit he had talent. I've made paintings, but I've given them away to people who wanted them in exchange for helping me. I've been writing songs since I was young. I built my 1st recording studio in 1981.

Years ago I took all my early recordings, hundreds of songs, and physically put them in the city dump along with my ramblings and sketches. I had to move on. I'm always changing, trying to have the best outlook and behaviors. I gave away my huge magic prop collection in favor of sleights.

I still have hundreds of songs that I've written. They're better than my early stuff, of course. Here's a song that's about 10 years old. I don't know the guy who made the video. He just liked the song and did it on his own.

Here is a mix of my dance tunes I did a few years ago . I wrote them in anticipation of taking my GF clubbing in the city. The club scene was dead. We found a small tribute club in a multi club complex. They almost didn't let me in because I wore tennis shoes. What else do people dance in?

https://www.mixcloud.com/gentledissident/andys-club-house/

I build and design papercraft. I have a papercraft for sale at RPGNow which does alright.

Here's an old 3D piece I did in Bryce.

Here's a recent little 4x5 sketch of a girl from Pinterest.

I love Pinterest. Here's my favorite collection.

https://www.pinterest.com/gentledissident/interior/

I listen to a lot of space age bachelor pad lounge. Here's my favorite station. The music will start right away.

https://somafm.com/player/#/now-playing/illstreet

I collect nonfiction.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?shelf_rows=25&previousOffset=0&view=androidlove&collection=-1&shelf=shelf&sort=tags&sort=tags

I collect old school games.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/androidlove?own=1&subtype=boardgame&gallery=large&ff=1

I'm not much into new video games. I like the old games. I've got an Atari Flashback 2. It's structured like a 2600. The board is numbered to install a slot. "Stella" is also etched on it.

I've got a Jakks Atari Paddle

I've got an expanded N64 with...
Kazooie
Tooie
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Super Mario
Pilotwings
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium 2
GoldenEye
The World is not Enough
Rainbow Six
Perfect Dark
Shadows of the Empire
Rogue Squadron
Battle for Naboo
(Pod) Racer
Power Puff Girls
Starshot
Rocket Robot
Toy Story 2
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong Racing
Lego Racers
Stunt Racer
Hot Wheels Turbo

Odyssey 2 with...
The Quest for the Rings
Invaders from Hyperspace!
UFO!
Showdown in 2100 A.D.
Cosmic Conflict!
Football!
Speedway!/Spin-Out!/Crypto-Logic!
Armored Encounter!/Sub Chase!

Jakks Namco 1 & 2

My favorite movies are Star Wars IV, then all the other Star Wars, and School of Rock. On TV I watch Midwife and BattleBots. I'm not into traditional sports.

I've got 5 beautiful lovable cats.

I could go on, but it's already a long post.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 24, 2016, 11:52:59 PM

I've got 5 beautiful lovable cats.

I could go on, but it's already a long post.

I'll say!!  Truly informative tho, thank you for that.  Any chance of posting pictures of the cats?  We've avid pet lovers here (most of us, anyway).

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

gentle_dissident

Sandra Craft

What beauties!  What are their names?

You seem to like sci fi alot, which gives you much in common with many people here, including me.  In my teens I hardly read anything else, but then I drifted off when so much sci fi seemed to be edging into fantasy.  I was fonder of the techie stuff.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

gentle_dissident

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 25, 2016, 12:23:46 AM
What beauties!  What are their names?
In order of appearance, J.J. Binks, Amanda Grayson, Star Child, Boba Fett, and Stormageddon Dark Lord of All

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, gentle_dissident. That was an intriguing intro post--thank you for taking the time to tell us so much about yourself. I dip into the exotica pool once in a while myself, after developing an appreciation of it at a young age. :blue smiley:

Some threads you might find interesting:

Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler

. . . And of course, the Forum Rules.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here!  :welcome:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Welcome to HAF, gentle_dissident!

Quote(Pod) Racer

I used to play that game as a teen, really addictive! :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

merx

Hi Gentle_Dissident! I like your song and i like your cats too. ;)

gentle_dissident

I really appreciate the welcome.

It occurred to me that I may have built that studio in 1982 or 83. The picture is what it evolved into by 1985.

The 1st painting I gave away was a large collage, 4'x4' with reference from magazines, from an assignment in college. A guy towed my car and then asked for it.

On request, I gave away 2 more to a guy who hosted my adventures in Boston. One was a 2' creamy representation of a rotting face. I know. However, I made it look like candy. The other was a 4' of a rotting dead man being walked over in a city by people in suits. The view was from the sidewalk level.

I painted a nice forest scene on a small canvas board. My 1st ex stole it and a ceramic plate I threw, carved, and colored to represent a spiral galaxy. She displayed them at her new place. I was strangely flattered.

OldGit

Greetings, GD, welcome to the gang!

gentle_dissident

Thank you, and thanks for bumping the thread. I can now tell the world that I left off my Intellivision Flashback in the list of video games (poor copy pasta). I also play a lot of pinball on my Kindle Fire gen 2.

I also now have an excuse to post the other video that guy made of one of my songs. This song is incomplete, but it's a full demo. The video editor gave the odd title. The song is called Blue Pill.

Essie Mae

Lovely to meet you. You and I have virtually nothing in common by the sound of it, but that's one of the beautiful things about the forum; you get to know such a wide variety of people and appreciate the differences between us. I like classical music and opera but I hope you won't hold it against me.😀
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

gentle_dissident

I'm working on a rock opera. The first song is orchestral. Here's the demo loop for it.

EDIT: Fixed Link

No one

Rock Opera? Who does that.

gentle_dissident

Um, I just told you that I am doing it. You might want to go back and reread. I'll wait for you to catch up.