News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Intro/Re-intro - Kekerusey

Started by Kekerusey, August 20, 2016, 10:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

A mere youngster - get some time in!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Kekerusey

Quote from: Gloucester on August 22, 2016, 04:12:18 PMA mere youngster - get some time in!

Comparatively perhaps but still a mere six and a half years from retirement. :)

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Tom62

Quote from: Asmodean on August 22, 2016, 11:06:55 AM
Quote from: Kekerusey on August 21, 2016, 09:56:57 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on August 21, 2016, 09:53:04 AMWelcome back, Keke.
We've got a lot in common as well. I love science fiction, I'm working in IT and I'm a former catholic.

Thx ... UK? US? Where? What kind of IT?

Keke
Tom was from the Netherlands, last I heard.

By the way, I'm an IT professional as well. Don't think I was when we spoke last, but... Am now. I'm a software developer doing corporate networking. It's a bit like being a helicopter pilot and being asked to fly a jet plane, but I'm exactly where I want to be.

The Asmo is right. I'm indeed from the Netherlands, but I left that country more than 24 years ago. Went from the Netherlands to France (Paris), from France to Switzerland (Geneva) and from Switzerland to Germany (near Frankfurt). Like the Asmo, I'm a software developer, mainly developing business applications in Java.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Kekerusey

Quote from: Tom62 on August 22, 2016, 05:30:21 PMThe Asmo is right. I'm indeed from the Netherlands, but I left that country more than 24 years ago. Went from the Netherlands to France (Paris), from France to Switzerland (Geneva) and from Switzerland to Germany (near Frankfurt). Like the Asmo, I'm a software developer, mainly developing business applications in Java.

Software developers seem a happy old bunch ... I started off there but switched into support. Nowadays I do a little coding in Python but not a whole lot more.

Keke

Arturo

Quote from: Kekerusey on August 22, 2016, 11:16:58 AM
Quote from: Apathy on August 22, 2016, 06:02:09 AMHello keke! It's nice to meet you. (I see you got a liking for Blade . ;))

Oh yes :) ... not much of a comics person but I loved the first movie and enjoyed the others (even the uber-cheesy third one). Got them all on Bluray.

I also rather liked the TV series with ... er ... Kirk "Stucky" Jones if I recall correctly. Got those on DVD.

Keke

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Kekerusey

Nice but best scene in the film is ...

... followed by  ...

(the "WTF" scene in his fight with Frost at the end)

IMO that is :)

Keke

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on August 26, 2016, 02:25:00 AM
I don't want to be posting too many gifs (people get raunchy about that here) so I will just link them.
People get raunchy...about posting too many gifs?

...Not anymore.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Kekerusey

joeactor

Welcome Keke!

Also former Catholic, former IT. Liked the new Battlestar except for the horrible last few episodes where it looked like they'd painted themselves into a corner (really bad ending).

I'm in Los Angeles now, Agnostic Theist (don't ask), and doing voice work for games and animation and such.

Nice to meet you,
JoeActor

Kekerusey