News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Getting to know you

Started by Jezebel, July 24, 2016, 01:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezebel

Hello I'm Jezebel, prophet slayer and all around nice chic.  Keep all dogs at bay please, I'm allergic. :sneezy:

2 Kings 9:37
And the carcase of Jezebel shall be as (doggie) dung upon the face of the field in the portion of Jezreel; so that they shall not say, This is Jezebel.
for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked...OR he doesn't exist

Icarus

Welcome to the forum Jezebel. This is a fun place, with an extraordinarily intelligent membership, Unfortunately, some of us have dogs and some have cats. Your allergies will not be compromised though. We don't bring our pets to the forum except in pictures.

Jump in, get acquainted, the water is fine.

Bible quotations are optional but not likely new to the regulars here.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Jezebel. Lately we've been short of prophets to slay in these parts. We did have a fellow who's a member of a special group of sages known as the "Smurfs" (I kid you not) and who goes by the name of Old Seer, but he hasn't stopped by in a while. I don't know if he's a prophet, but as I recall he says he has access to some powerful sort of knowledge not commonly available to most everyday folks, or something. Ah well, hang around and somebody that fits the bill will show up.

Some threads you might find interesting:

Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler

. . . And of course, the Forum Rules.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here!  :welcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Jezebel on July 24, 2016, 01:25:41 AM
Hello I'm Jezebel, prophet slayer and all around nice chic.  Keep all dogs at bay please, I'm allergic. :sneezy:

And the carcase of Jezebel shall be as (doggie) dung upon the face of the field in the portion of Jezreel; so that they shall not say, This is Jezebel.

Hello...
Welcome, Jezebel:computerwave:
I hope you're able to stay with us for a long time.

I have one question.
What did Jezebel do, for someone to say this about her? I can't think of anything that would justify it, but I am curious to know what someone said that she did to deserve that.
QuoteAnd the carcase of Jezebel shall be as (doggie) dung upon the face of the field in the portion of Jezreel; so that they shall not say, This is Jezebel.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Hello Jezabel

Welcome to HAF. :cheers: :drink:

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Welcome, Jezabel, to an interesting place!

I'm fairly new and enjoying being here.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

OldGit

Greetings and welcome, Jezebel!  Always good to have a new prophet. :)

xSilverPhinx

Welcome to HAF! I hope you enjoy posting here!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Jezebel

Thanks you guys.  I feel welcomed.  We are going to have some good laughs I prophecy it, it will be done as I say it will.
for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked...OR he doesn't exist

Jezebel

Quote from: Magdalena on July 24, 2016, 06:21:33 AM
Hello...

I have one question.
What did Jezebel do, for someone to say this about her? I can't think of anything that would justify it, but I am curious to know what someone said that she did to deserve that.

Hi and Thanks Magdalena.  Good to be here.

She worshiped Baal and slaughtered Yahweh's prophets except Elijah.  Elijah challenged 450 Baal prophets to pray to their god to start a fire and when they fell he mocked them saying what I have in my signature below.  Oh yea and they stabbed themselves until they bled to death.  Payback is a bitch!  ;)

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Jezebel on July 24, 2016, 04:18:38 PM

Quote from: Magdalena on July 24, 2016, 06:21:33 AM
Hello...

I have one question.

Hi and Thanks Magdalena.  Good to be here.

She worshiped Baal and slaughtered Yahweh's prophets except Elijah.  Elijah challenged 450 Baal prophets to pray to their god to start a fire and when they fell he mocked them saying what I have in my signature below.  Oh yea and they stabbed themselves until they bled to death.  Payback is a bitch!  ;)

She also got tossed out of a window by a couple of eunuchs. That's how she died and why the dogs ate her.

It's pretty rare that any parent names their daughter Jezebel.  (I realize this is not your given name).  But I've heard that it does happen. 

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Thanks for the reference Gloucester. That was a most enlightening read. And I reckon that we might like our newest member with the imaginative name. Time will tell.

Jezebel

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 24, 2016, 04:44:30 PM

She also got tossed out of a window by a couple of eunuchs. That's how she died and why the dogs ate her.

It's pretty rare that any parent names their daughter Jezebel.  (I realize this is not your given name).  But I've heard that it does happen.

Yea it's just a username.  I wanted a dark character from the bible and Delilah is to girlly girl for me.  So you know I don't worship Baal.  I don't think there are any gods. :)

Kekerusey

I just wanted to start singing ...

"Getting to know you, getting to know all about you. Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me."

:)

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires