News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Gay Bar Massacre

Started by Icarus, June 13, 2016, 02:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmonie

Quote from: Firebird on June 13, 2016, 04:46:02 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 13, 2016, 04:28:48 AM
Hard to get inside the mind of someone who shoots over 100 people who are doing him absolutely no harm whatsoever.  My anger is at our nation's system of approving gun sales.  This guy was investigated twice by the FBI and was suspected of being an ISIS sympathizer, yet his purchase of a long gun and a handgun within the past few weeks was approved.  The vast, vast majority of gun sales don't result in mass shootings.  Instead of patting down 80 year-old grannies at airports, guys like this, who are known to the system, should be forbidden from purchasing guns.  Reality check - guns are going to be sold in the USA, just like cars.  But this guy should have been blacklisted.

Agreed, but even more so, why does anyone outside the military need an ar-15?? Every time this happens, it seems like that's what was used. But hey, if murdering 20 kindergartners won't change everyone's minds, I sadly doubt this will.

They're all caught up saying "Don't you dare politicize this, we need time to mourn what actually happened!"

To that I say, where exactly is the appropriate time to have this conversation? There's practically no time between shootings. For like IIRC just one day before this shooting, that The Voice star was also shot.

These stories plague our news all of the flipping time, and because of that, there never is an "appropriate" time to point out what needs to be done. How convenient for the people of our gun culture.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

No one

Quote from: Magdalena on June 13, 2016, 04:02:24 AM
So many emotions come at the same time. I can see it makes our dear friend, No one, very angry. It makes me very sad to see how we, or, some humans, don't see how precious life is.

I probably said it before,  Iike individual persons,  but I absolutely hate people. They are the sourage of the earth. Truly the worst creature on the planet. For all their intelligence, the are with out a doubt the most fucktarded also.

Asmodean touched on the point. If you believe that your god is telling you to kill in its name, it's high time you find yourself a new god.  I am 100% certain that whatever it is,  that created everything that there is,  doesn't need your help to do a god damn thing!

Steeler

This man should not have been cleared for firearm purchase. Period.
I know people who have been denied with zero criminal records, arrests or investigations. Their name was simply run through the system too many times in a given period and they were red flagged.
This pos was investigated for possible Islamic extremist/sympathy, but he's good to go?
FIX THE FUCKING SYSTEM

Davin

This just makes me angrier and angrier every time another mass shooting happens and nothing is done. I'm not willing to protect my right to have fully automatic rifles if it means that thousands of innocent people have to die each year. And I don't see how anyone can justify the loss of so much innocent life.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

This is such a horrible event...I've been avoiding the news, the internet, even glancing at printed headlines here in the office. I feel dead from this, it's why my avatar is black.

I want to rant like Asmo did, and speak out again about gun control and the NRA, fucking useless politicians in their pockets, the religious and non-non-religous homophobes for spreading their hate and lies, for spitting out vitriol against the LGBT community, and who are now wanting to offer up prayers for the dead and wounded (Fuck them),...and yesterday that fucking fool Trump was accepting congratulations via twitter for being in his mind right about extremism in wake of the murders.

I just don't have the strength to rant...I have family and friends who are devastated by this, a few who know the club in Orlando.

And it's all the same, nothing has changed from the last mass murder. Same reactions from the left, same from the right. Prayers and thoughts, thoughts and prayers...here's what we know, what we don't know.
Blame Obama, blame immigrants, blame the gays and lesbians. (I heard there was a preacher speaking yesterday saying it was god's fucking punishment)

If I saw that fucking preacher right now I knock him out flat, I swear I would.

So now what?

Wait a few days or a week until it's forgotten, go back to tweeting about what a total dick Trump is? Give blood, donate money, wear a ribbon?

It's pretty well hopeless is what I say.

I'll be typing the same shit again about the next one.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 13, 2016, 04:37:36 PM
Quote from: Firebird on June 13, 2016, 02:02:03 PM
No, but the Bible did.

But Jesus didn't write the Bible.  The Bible isn't even a book - it's a collection of many writings, arranged by people who lived after those writings were made.  Let's say I decide to include a couple of Hitchens' writings with Mein Kampf and call it "The Book".  Does that make Hitchens' writings bankrupt?

Not really a similar situation. The Christian Church, which is supposedly the organization that grew out of Jesus's teachings, put the Bible together, so it's not like they're just some random guy or group.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Firebird

So this is interesting. The shooter may have been gay himself, he had been to that bar before and on some gay dating apps. Could this seriously be a case of self-loathing gone horribly wrong?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2016/06/13/orlando-gunman-had-frequented-gay-bar-patron-says/gWfBlvNsbcDxcij9el8L4L/story.html
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on June 13, 2016, 08:43:30 PM
This is such a horrible event...I've been avoiding the news, the internet, even glancing at printed headlines here in the office. I feel dead from this, it's why my avatar is black.

I want to rant like Asmo did, and speak out again about gun control and the NRA, fucking useless politicians in their pockets, the religious and non-non-religous homophobes for spreading their hate and lies, for spitting out vitriol against the LGBT community, and who are now wanting to offer up prayers for the dead and wounded (Fuck them),...and yesterday that fucking fool Trump was accepting congratulations via twitter for being in his mind right about extremism in wake of the murders.

I just don't have the strength to rant...I have family and friends who are devastated by this, a few who know the club in Orlando.

And it's all the same, nothing has changed from the last mass murder. Same reactions from the left, same from the right. Prayers and thoughts, thoughts and prayers...here's what we know, what we don't know.
Blame Obama, blame immigrants, blame the gays and lesbians. (I heard there was a preacher speaking yesterday saying it was god's fucking punishment)

If I saw that fucking preacher right now I knock him out flat, I swear I would.

So now what?

Wait a few days or a week until it's forgotten, go back to tweeting about what a total dick Trump is? Give blood, donate money, wear a ribbon?

It's pretty well hopeless is what I say.

I'll be typing the same shit again about the next one.
:felix:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on June 14, 2016, 05:07:45 AM
So this is interesting. The shooter may have been gay himself, he had been to that bar before and on some gay dating apps. Could this seriously be a case of self-loathing gone horribly wrong?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2016/06/13/orlando-gunman-had-frequented-gay-bar-patron-says/gWfBlvNsbcDxcij9el8L4L/story.html

I had a feeling this was the case.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

The night club was unique in that the regulars included a lot of straight people who mingled freely with the LGBTs . Interesting to note that almost all the victims had Hispanic names.  Whether the shooter had gay tendencies is pure speculation. He was married and his wife is under suspicion because she knew that he intended to do some murders and she claims that she tried to talk him out of it. We'll have to wait for that detail to unravel.

That place is within easy driving distance from where I live. I avoid Orlando like the plague because it is so crowded with people and traffic jams and criminally inflated prices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t88X1pYQu-I

Guardian85

Quote from: Icarus on June 13, 2016, 02:47:40 AM
In the early morning, at a gay bar in Orlando, a lunatic used an AR15 to slaughter 50 people. He also left more than 50 more seriously injured. 
Not really that important a detail (but I am a gun nerd) but according to a Norwegian newspaper it was not an AR-15 but a Sig Sauer MCX carbine. This was in a way worse than an AR-15 since it comes with a folding stock making it easier to conceal.

I don't know what to say about this that I haven't already said many times before. The shootings in the US just keep coming and coming and coming. When are people going to say enough? Why aren't more people pissed? :-\

And why can't people accept that not everyone shares their opinion, or faith, or sexual preference, or race.
Yes, I know. Tribalism. Indoctrination. Yadda, yadda, yadda.....

Fuck these intolerant, cowardly, weak-minded, limp-dicked, extremist cunts and everything they represent! >:(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 16, 2016, 12:55:12 AM
Quote from: Icarus on June 13, 2016, 02:47:40 AM
In the early morning, at a gay bar in Orlando, a lunatic used an AR15 to slaughter 50 people. He also left more than 50 more seriously injured. 
Not really that important a detail (but I am a gun nerd) but according to a Norwegian newspaper it was not an AR-15 but a Sig Sauer MCX carbine. This was in a way worse than an AR-15 since it comes with a folding stock making it easier to conceal.

I don't know what to say about this that I haven't already said many times before. The shootings in the US just keep coming and coming and coming. When are people going to say enough? Why aren't more people pissed? :-\

And why can't people accept that not everyone shares their opinion, or faith, or sexual preference, or race.
Yes, I know. Tribalism. Indoctrination. Yadda, yadda, yadda.....

Fuck these intolerant, cowardly, weak-minded, limp-dicked, extremist cunts and everything they represent! >:(
It's an assault rifle. You are not going to conceal one of those wearing shorts and t-shirt with or without a folding stock. If, on the other hand, you wear one of them beduin tents some of them Muslim women have... you could hide a rocket launcher in that.   :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

That is correct G85. The weapon was first thought to be an AR15 but it turned out to be the Sig-Sauer. And yes they have handy folding stocks to make it more convenient for those who wish to conceal the weapon.

Asmodean

That's not the primary purpose of a folding stock though, is it? I can see how it can inprove the user's agility, for example. I don't know... I grow less and less interested in guns the older I get, so... Just speculating.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 16, 2016, 12:55:12 AM

Quote from: Icarus on June 16, 2016, 06:57:45 AM
That is correct G85. The weapon was first thought to be an AR15 but it turned out to be the Sig-Sauer. And yes they have handy folding stocks to make it more convenient for those who wish to conceal the weapon.

On the money, Iccy. But I do think that what actually turned out to be a Sig- Sauer MCX carbine (with a smartly designed retractible stock for easy concealment) was initially thought to be an AR-15.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!