News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Open Letter to the NERC (Boaty McBoatface).

Started by hackenslash, April 18, 2016, 02:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

OMFSM! That's so great! My true class song is "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve. When the principal found out he just shook his head and sighed, "Really, come on guys..." And made us go with the runner up, which was Greenday's "Time of Your Life". But that song sucks so a bunch of people called foul as the group running the poll had told everyone, "if you don't care vote for Greenday," which obviously stacked the votes. In the end, we walked to Dylan's "Forever Young" which turned out ok because one of the teachers and one of the kids in my class ended up performing it as a guitar and mandolin duet.

Tl;dr - YAY MY CLASS ISNT THE ONLY BUNCH OF JADED WEIRDOS WITH UNAPOLOGETIC INAPPROPRIATE TASTE IN MUSIC

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 23, 2016, 11:23:12 PM
OMFSM! That's so great! My true class song is "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve. When the principal found out he just shook his head and sighed, "Really, come on guys..." And made us go with the runner up, which was Greenday's "Time of Your Life". But that song sucks so a bunch of people called foul as the group running the poll had told everyone, "if you don't care vote for Greenday," which obviously stacked the votes. In the end, we walked to Dylan's "Forever Young" which turned out ok because one of the teachers and one of the kids in my class ended up performing it as a guitar and mandolin duet.

Tl;dr - YAY MY CLASS ISNT THE ONLY BUNCH OF JADED WEIRDOS WITH UNAPOLOGETIC INAPPROPRIATE TASTE IN MUSIC

I hadn't see your reply PC before now, and read it quite joyful!

YAY MY CLASS ISNT THE ONLY BUNCH OF JADED WEIRDOS WITH UNAPOLOGETIC INAPPROPRIATE TASTE IN MUSIC

Awesome!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

So, the boat will be named after Sir David Attenborough (which is quite cool)

http://www.nerc.ac.uk/press/releases/2016/18-ship/

BUT.....

QuoteReflecting the global interest that the campaign drew, Science Minister Jo Johnson has also confirmed the popular suggestion Boaty McBoatface will live on as the name of one of the high-tech remotely operated sub-sea vehicles. The 'Boaty' sub-sea vehicle will be dispatched from RRS Sir David Attenborough to allow the ship's research crew to collect data and samples from the deepest waters of the Arctic and Antarctic.

Boaty McBoatface will live on!

I think this is actually the best outcome all round.

Bad Penny II

Does Attenborough get consulted in the naming?
Obviously Boaty McB is the best name but there must be proper scientists with names I can't draw to mind but I'm sure Sir D could.
Name it for someone or a team that worked hard without notice and have Dave tell us why they deserve it, that's what he's for.
It's a disaster, run dave run.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.