News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Science image dump

Started by Claireliontamer, April 10, 2016, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

joeactor

Great stuff all... Wish I had something to contribute.

... but I did use that pollen picture in a past blog post:

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Another image that makes my mind boggle.

Mapping to Make Sense of Pluto

Today's blog post is from Oliver White, a postdoctoral researcher in planetary science at NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, California. He studies the geomorphology and surface processes of planetary bodies in the outer solar system.

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Biggus Dickus

View of Alaska from the ISS.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Here's something you don't see everyday: Wringing out a wet towel in zero gravity.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Dave

Quote from: Tank on July 30, 2016, 11:22:44 AM

Yup!

But it ruins the old "joke:" "We all sprung from apes - but you did not spring far enough!"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

joeactor

xSilverPhinx

Tank

Dave

Inspired by Tank's offering some (too early in the morning) thoughts came to me about the "survival" of craters and that either the Martians ones are late or there has been a lot less "weathering" there than on eatth. Less weathering implies less weather there - far less atmophere for a very long time?

Then I looked for known craters on Earth and their ages.

There are probably traces of smaller ones as well.

Here's a map.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Two beautiful planets... Thanks Tank and Gloucester!