News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Brussels bombings

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, March 22, 2016, 10:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank

26 people dead 55 seriously injured at this point.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

>:(

I've been there too, 3 or 4 years ago. It's a beautiful city, despite the weather. Presuming this is ISIS, they're getting more and more bold.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

joeactor

The CNN link says 34 dead now (14 at airport, 20 at metro). Sad crazy world...  :'(

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny

Icarus

Today (yesterday) the Brussels authorities caught the guy in the hat. Mohammed Whatsizname. He is thought to be one of the ringleaders of the Paris attacks as well as the Brussels attacks. He has readily admitted his involvement. The smart money fears that he may be a "white rabbit". That is a person who is admittedly culpable and one who tends to focus the attention away from a new and separate conspiracy to bomb or kill more humans.

Tom62

Quote from: Icarus on April 10, 2016, 12:35:25 AM
Today (yesterday) the Brussels authorities caught the guy in the hat. Mohammed Whatsizname. He is thought to be one of the ringleaders of the Paris attacks as well as the Brussels attacks. He has readily admitted his involvement. The smart money fears that he may be a "white rabbit". That is a person who is admittedly culpable and one who tends to focus the attention away from a new and separate conspiracy to bomb or kill more humans.

Standard procedure in the EU to terrorist attacks:
1. have endless discussions in the media, about how this could have happened.
2. organize a peace rally and sing John Lennon songs.
3. add the country's flag overlay to Facebook avatars.
4. Claim that it has nothing to do with religion.
5. Mark people, who say that it does has something to do with religion, as racists.
6. Wait for the next terror attack.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein