News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What is the best superhero/comicbook movie?

Started by Crow, March 13, 2016, 12:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: jumbojak on March 15, 2016, 04:25:25 AM
I never found Mark Hamil or *shudders* Jack Nicholson's joker to be suitable for the big screen. Sure, Hamil was great for the animated series but seeing that character on the screen wouldn't have interested me very much. In a film, the villain needs to be someone you wouldn't want to cross paths with in an alley. I don't like Jack Nicholson in general. Just always thought he was overrated. Bruce Dern could've played the part much better in the Michael Keaton film. Bruce could be frightening when he needed to be, had just about the right voice for it, and was still clever enough to pull off the weirdness believably. Check him out in Thumb Tripping if you don't believe me.

Mark Hamil is perfect in the animated and Arkham stuff, agree with the live action stuff. Jack Nicholson was essentially just Jack Nicholson with latex and make-up on.

If I was going to cast the Joker top of my list to check out would be the actor Richard Sammel, he can do psychopathic very well but whether he could do the absurd side would be a question mark.
Retired member.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on March 15, 2016, 06:51:58 AM

There there Mags one day you will graduate from gifs to adverts, baby steps. You might even get to shorts or perhaps even tv programs, films might be a bit too far though.
Retired member.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Not a movie, but the Daredevil series on Netflix is the best thing that Marvel has done so far. I'm really excited for season 2.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on March 15, 2016, 01:02:02 PM
I missed you too, Crow:hug:

I think you should apply to become a buzzfeed "journalist". You would get to browse gifs all day and write articles pretty much entirely in gif form whilst getting paid to do it.
Retired member.

joeactor

Quote from: jumbojak on March 15, 2016, 04:25:25 AM
I never found Mark Hamil or *shudders* Jack Nicholson's joker to be suitable for the big screen. Sure, Hamil was great for the animated series but seeing that character on the screen wouldn't have interested me very much. In a film, the villain needs to be someone you wouldn't want to cross paths with in an alley. I don't like Jack Nicholson in general. Just always thought he was overrated. Bruce Dern could've played the part much better in the Michael Keaton film. Bruce could be frightening when he needed to be, had just about the right voice for it, and was still clever enough to pull off the weirdness believably. Check him out in Thumb Tripping if you don't believe me.

I can definitely see Dern in that role - he'd be an excellent choice...

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 15, 2016, 01:21:53 PM
Not a movie, but the Daredevil series on Netflix is the best thing that Marvel has done so far. I'm really excited for season 2.

Liked Daredevil too, but I thought Jessica Jones was more interesting in many ways. Also seemed odd to continue referring to Hell's Kitchen as a downtrodden area considering how much that neighborhood has transformed in real life.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on March 15, 2016, 01:27:34 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 15, 2016, 01:02:02 PM
I missed you too, Crow:hug:

I think you should apply to become a buzzfeed "journalist". You would get to browse gifs all day and write articles pretty much entirely in gif form whilst getting paid to do it.
OK, but I just came here to say that I like Spiderman and that I've missed you, that's all. :sadcheer:

I like gifs, but I don't think I like them that much. A lot of people use them around here, but I'm the only one who's called an addict.  >:(
--That's fine. Just...just...ban me again.  :fingertap:

Buddy

Quote from: Firebird on March 15, 2016, 02:19:04 PM

Liked Daredevil too, but I thought Jessica Jones was more interesting in many ways. Also seemed odd to continue referring to Hell's Kitchen as a downtrodden area considering how much that neighborhood has transformed in real life.

Yeah I read online that they touched on that issue by saying that Hell's Kitchen was most affected by the alien invasion and that's why it is so run down.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Quote from: joeactor on March 15, 2016, 02:00:59 PMI can definitely see Dern in that role - he'd be an excellent choice...

Think about it, with the right script he could boast having killed both John Wayne AND Bruce Wayne. I should be in the movie business. Been working on a script since I was fourteen... skits are added on an almost weekly basis.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Crow

Finally finished watching the second season. Much better than the first, not that I thought the first was bad the character Daredevil never really appealed to me, the whole catholic guilt thing never did it for me.

The Punisher is the best thing about the second season, another character I never really cared for but I could have easily have watched a season about that character and hope they do create one.
Retired member.

Buddy

Quote from: Crow on March 24, 2016, 08:35:25 PM

Finally finished watching the second season. Much better than the first, not that I thought the first was bad the character Daredevil never really appealed to me, the whole catholic guilt thing never did it for me.

The Punisher is the best thing about the second season, another character I never really cared for but I could have easily have watched a season about that character and hope they do create one.

I still have three episodes to go before I finish. Overall I think it's a pretty solid season. I hated the whole Matt/Karen thing though. I thought that it came out of nowhere seeing as Foggy was trying to get with her all last season. Plus they had no chemistry together and it was just boring.

Course, if anyone should get together it should be Matt and Foggy. They just have the best bromance.

Crow

Went to watch the Batman vs Superman film. There is clearly potential in it but it quite frankly is a poor film. It appeared to be going for a sombre tone like Dark Knight Returns (not the movie) but felt stale, none of the characters actually felt developed and the schemes of lex luthor to get the fight he wanted was a bit dumb and having him as a bit of an odd ball made no sense. The action sequences were good and would have actually liked to see more of that Batman, it was certainly more in keeping with the version I grew up with as a kid. They tried to do the whole impact that the superheros have on the people that get caught in the cross fire but I thought it was very poorly done, same with the dream sequences, yeah they happen a lot in the graphic novels but they usually add something. The pacing was all over the place and the last bit was stupid.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on April 22, 2016, 12:09:17 PM
Went to watch the Batman vs Superman film. There is clearly potential in it but it quite frankly is a poor film. It appeared to be going for a sombre tone like Dark Knight Returns (not the movie) but felt stale, none of the characters actually felt developed and the schemes of lex luthor to get the fight he wanted was a bit dumb and having him as a bit of an odd ball made no sense. The action sequences were good and would have actually liked to see more of that Batman, it was certainly more in keeping with the version I grew up with as a kid. They tried to do the whole impact that the superheros have on the people that get caught in the cross fire but I thought it was very poorly done, same with the dream sequences, yeah they happen a lot in the graphic novels but they usually add something. The pacing was all over the place and the last bit was stupid.
I haven't seen it but a mate at work went and said it was crap and people were leaving during the show.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.