News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Transgenders and public restrooms

Started by Sandra Craft, March 04, 2016, 02:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

It'd be a pain to use in the woods. You have to carry it with you, plus TP, plus something to clean it. Or not clean it. Which... Ew.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

Oh yeah, that thing would be so unsanitary, altogether!  :bleh: Anyway, why are we discussing this and not the topic at hand? Lol.

I love Libby Anne's article (the one linked to in the original post) and her blog, her blog is great, too. I read the article not too long after she posted it. She really nails it when she goes onto saying that the people who are opposing transgender peoples' bathroom rights generally don't actually care in the least bit about the safety of women and children.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Firebird

Quote from: Harmonie on March 06, 2016, 06:01:20 PM
She really nails it when she goes onto saying that the people who are opposing transgender peoples' bathroom rights generally don't actually care in the least bit about the safety of women and children.

Very much this. It's the same as the conservatives who add ridiculous restrictions to abortion clinics under the guide of "increasing women's safety" instead of the actual purpose, which is forcing them to close.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Harmonie on March 06, 2016, 02:38:34 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny on March 05, 2016, 01:25:17 PM
I believe in equal preferred squared measurement for each genders restrooms.
You don't want to make men wait anyway, they'll do it in the sink, or anywhere.
Why aren't more woman making use of these things anyway?

TBH, I don't even want to stand up to go. Why would I want to give up privacy and checking my phone? (Yes, I get on my phone, while peeing. LOL. My attention span is that small... No... Really, it came about from being the best opportunity to check my phone at work, and it has become a habit for me no matter when or where I'm going >.<)

There's nothing great about using urinal except that it's quick.  You don't want to spend any more time in a men's bathroom than you have to, anyway.   Now peeing off the back porch at night, that's a special experience.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 07, 2016, 12:38:43 AM
Quote from: Harmonie on March 06, 2016, 02:38:34 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny on March 05, 2016, 01:25:17 PM
I believe in equal preferred squared measurement for each genders restrooms.
You don't want to make men wait anyway, they'll do it in the sink, or anywhere.
Why aren't more woman making use of these things anyway?

TBH, I don't even want to stand up to go. Why would I want to give up privacy and checking my phone? (Yes, I get on my phone, while peeing. LOL. My attention span is that small... No... Really, it came about from being the best opportunity to check my phone at work, and it has become a habit for me no matter when or where I'm going >.<)

There's nothing great about using urinal except that it's quick.  You don't want to spend any more time in a men's bathroom than you have to, anyway.   Now peeing off the back porch at night, that's a special experience.
Not for the cat you pissed on!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Just found this, and I think I'm in love:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

:thumbsup: Entertaining rant.

The hateful dingbats at AFA aren't just organizing a boycott, though. They're sending brave Christian men to use the women's facilities at Target stores to "test" Target's policies.  "Conservative Group 'Testing' Target By Sending Men To Women's Bathrooms" | TPM LiveWire
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Firebird

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 04, 2016, 10:21:19 PM
Just found this, and I think I'm in love:

:lol:
There's only three videos on his channel, and I've watched them all and subscribed already.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on May 04, 2016, 10:57:10 PM
:thumbsup: Entertaining rant.

The hateful dingbats at AFA aren't just organizing a boycott, though. They're sending brave Christian men to use the women's facilities at Target stores to "test" Target's policies.  "Conservative Group 'Testing' Target By Sending Men To Women's Bathrooms" | TPM LiveWire

Yeah, I've seen that as well and, considering they're most likely also Republicans, they will authentically be the most predatory people in the restroom.

Quote from: Firebird on May 04, 2016, 11:09:37 PM

There's only three videos on his channel, and I've watched them all and subscribed already.

:smilenod:  Me too.
Sandy

Tom62

I'm glad that the video has subtitles ;D.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Claireliontamer

I posted him a  couple of weeks ago in the youtube thread, therefore he's all mine ;)
Quote from: Claireliontamer on April 27, 2016, 09:10:21 PM

This guy maybe my new favourite youtuber.

He is fabulous and it helps that he has the sexiest accent out there :)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tom62 on May 05, 2016, 07:13:43 AM
I'm glad that the video has subtitles ;D.

Silly foreigner!

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 05, 2016, 07:21:34 AM
I posted him a  couple of weeks ago in the youtube thread, therefore he's all mine ;)

Damn.  I snoozed and I losed.
Sandy

Crow

He sounds super camp. I need to hear more rednecks to see if they all sound so camp.
Retired member.

Pasta Chick

I kinda want to end all rants with "And fuck Nancy Grace too" from now on.