News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Dale and Herschel provided good male role models, and there was a moral thread then.  Now it's all just disjointed crap.  But I continue to watch, as I'm invested in a Negan's death.  And Simon and Dwight also must die.

Dragonia

Is Jesus really gay? I must have missed that part. I was kind of rooting for Maggie and Jesus. I know it hasn't been very long since Glenn got whacked,  but these are strange times....
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Pasta Chick

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 04, 2017, 10:40:23 AM
What about Carl, once he grows up a few more years?  I know they seem to have paired him off with Enid, but I'm hoping she gets eaten.

I thought about him, but I don't even know how old he's supposed to be. I've favored killing of Rick and letting him develop into a strong lead since season 4, but I doubt it will happen. He acts like so much of a kid at present it's tough to imagine him in that context.

QuoteI would suggest Morgan, but that man has way too much baggage and can be nearly as unstable as Rick.

Yeah, Morgan, Rick and to a lesser extent Daryl are all a little nuts and not really worth bothering with IMO

QuoteI'm not sure about the King -- there's just something in his scenes with Carol that make me feel he's interested.  And since he drops the whole Camelot facade around her, I don't have a hard time imagining something coming of that.

I could see that, but he needs more character development first. I couldn't see Sasha or Michonne with him though. Maybe he could talk his way in to Sasha's heart the way Bob did but I feel like Michonne would find it all bullshit.

QuoteAnd speaking of the Kingdom, what about Jerry?  He strikes me as the goofy but lovable teddy bear type.

Is the cobbler dude? I couldn't remember his name. I do like him but again, no real character development. I feel like he would really appreciate Rosita as a real person and just be kind to her, but I honestly don't know.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 04, 2017, 12:14:25 PM
Dale and Herschel provided good male role models, and there was a moral thread then.  Now it's all just disjointed crap.  But I continue to watch, as I'm invested in a Nigan's death.  And Simon and Dwight also must die.

I've missed Dale immensely. Herschel too but I really liked Dale.

I miss Merle too. Not that he added anything admirable to the group but he made for interesting conflict without someone having to run in bashing skulls all the time.

And a lot of lesser characters that seemed really interesting but they used as walker bait. Like the prisoners they let join them and then immediately died.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Dragonia on April 04, 2017, 12:29:00 PM
Is Jesus really gay? I must have missed that part. I was kind of rooting for Maggie and Jesus. I know it hasn't been very long since Glenn got whacked,  but these are strange times....

Yeah he "came out" kinda ridiculously to Maggie last episode or two ago. They were just talking about fitting in and he mentions past BOYFRIENDS really obviously and pauses and then everything moved on. It felt forced but also glossed over to me, which is silly - either it's going to be a plot point and make sure people notice, or it's not and who gives fuck.

Also there is SO MUCH Daryl/Jesus stuff online, so I guess the should could fan pander that in to existence too...

Pasta Chick

I never thought I'd say this but I am so ok with Sasha being dead!

Soniqua Martin-Green Joins Confirmed Cast of Star Trek: Discovery

Davin

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 04, 2017, 06:23:30 PM

I'm OK with that too. I had hoped for a captain that wasn't a white guy, but I like still like Jason Isaacs.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 04, 2017, 02:39:35 PM

And a lot of lesser characters that seemed really interesting but they used as walker bait. Like the prisoners they let join them and then immediately died.

The Red Shirts of the Walking Dead.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

They mentioned that on the Talking Dead, and good for her!  I'm just glad this pretty much ensures she won't come back as Negan's pet Walker in Season 8 (I don't remember seeing Walker Sasha killed).
Sandy

Pasta Chick

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 05, 2017, 01:58:01 AM

They mentioned that on the Talking Dead, and good for her!  I'm just glad this pretty much ensures she won't come back at Negan's pet Walker in Season 8 (I don't remember seeing Walker Sasha killed).

Jesus and Maggie took her out. It wasn't well done - she was really only identifiable by her shirt and that Maggie started sobbing.

Sandra Craft

^^^ Totally missed that both times I watched the episode.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

I won't really have much to say about the premier until, and unless, I collect my thoughts on it but I do have one observation and two questions:

Observation -- I knew, I just knew, the King was going to quote Henry V.

Question 1 -- I may have asked this before but if so I've forgotten the answer.  Is the tiger's name Sheba or Shiva?  I lean towards Sheba because of the sex, but I suppose Shiva could work too.

Question 2 -- are licorice whips now Tara's thing, like motorcycles and crossbows are Daryl's?  It seems odd.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

Very disappointed in the episode.  Rick said "only one person has to die", meaning Negan.  When they came to the compound, Negan stood in front of them without protection, and they listened to him.  Why didn't they kill him?  Irrespective of whether it was intended to be some last minute negotiation, they should have known it wouldn't work.  They should have killed him then.  The writers should have never included this scene.  Then when they did shoot they wasted hundreds of rounds of ammo shooting out windows.  I'll keep watching, but at this point it's about 1 good show for every 5. I've got too much invested to quit now, but I'm not happy.

Sandra Craft

Yeah, it's annoying when you can see the writer's manipulation in a scene rather than have the scene just make sense. 

The big plus for me was seeing the characters I've grown fond of: the King, Carol, Morgan, Daryl, Jesus, Maggie -- even, in a weird way, Negan and Simon.  The big minus (other than silly things like the window attack) were the flash forwards or fantasy moments when everything is good in the world again.  They already did that once and it was touching, now it just feels repetitive. 

Silly thought of my own:  I would love to see Henry V performed entirely by The Kingdom, in their Kingdom garb.  Or maybe with the Saviors taking the French parts.

Biggest WTF moment: when Negan pulled out Gregory to order the Hilltop faction around.  I so wanted someone to yell out "Are you kidding with that?  Maggie's been our leader for months.  Where have you guys been?"
Sandy

Pasta Chick

Right from the start, BF and I were irritated that super badass Daryl would stand literally right behind the delivery point of he and Dwight's little arrow message system. Way to be a super bowman there, guy.

Then a bunch of people ran around yelling, suddenly Rick was really old, then really weepy looking. We looked at eachother with an unspoken understanding that this shit was truly unbearable, and neither one of us has the will nor energy to put this much energy in to figuring out what is happening in a fictional show, turned on Family Guy reruns and fell asleep.

I'm just waiting for fans to lamely defend how deep and complex the show is without grasping that making things difficult to follow is actually just shitty writing.