News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Somewhere in between, with no-one to talk to

Started by dunamandros, February 09, 2016, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Just for the hell of it I just googled dunamandros. 1 hit! Here!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on February 09, 2016, 09:25:37 PM
Asmo. Well he's a small godling that as far as we know lives in Norway. For some reason he hates Luxenbourg. He's pretty much like the description of Earth in the latest revision on The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy, that is to say mostly harmless.
Small?! Harmless?!?! Why, you..! You..!  >:(

Actually, this site suffered a critical database failure, resulting in some loss of data and whatnot. The Father of All Asmos fixed most of it after a few weeks' inactivity, thus the rebirth reference.

Also, we need like... Proper news. That thing has been there since the Day of the Return  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

dunamandros

Thank you all for the warm greetings!  As for the username, I felt like doing something that runs against the theology/anthropology I'm coming from. I pulled out some of my seminary Greek and squeezed a couple words together: dunamos and andros. They mean "power" and "man," respectively. The first vowel is usually transliterated with a "y," like the derived "dynamite," but who cares?

Hailing currently from the American Midwest, I don't expect to be around Luxembourg any time soon, but I'll be careful.

Bluenose

Quote from: dunamandros on February 12, 2016, 05:57:55 AM
Hailing currently from the American Midwest, I don't expect to be around Luxembourg any time soon, but I'll be careful.

Actually, based on past performance the one place you're actually safe from the wrath of Asmo is Luxembourg. Just sayin',,,   :P
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Bluenose on February 12, 2016, 10:49:07 AM
Quote from: dunamandros on February 12, 2016, 05:57:55 AM

Actually, based on past performance the one place you're actually safe from the wrath of Asmo is Luxembourg. Just sayin',,,   :P

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Welcome to the forum Dunamandros. I promise that some of us can be normal.  ;)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 12, 2016, 04:01:29 PM
How would you know?  :P

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Evidence please!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Firebird

Don't worry, she's just kidding.
Welcome! I've been here for a few years, still the only forum I actively participate in these days (when I don't vanish for a whilw)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant