News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Glen Frey of The Eagles...

Started by joeactor, January 19, 2016, 12:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

QuoteGlenn Frey, a founding member of the rock band the Eagles, has died at 67, a publicist for the band has confirmed.

"Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia," reads a post on the band's official website.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/18/entertainment/glenn-frey-obit-feat/

If there's an afterlife, it's got quite a concert...

R.I.P.

Sandra Craft

I know this is bad-natured, but my first thought on finding out about Frey was "it had to be another artist, why not a politician"? 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 19, 2016, 01:56:23 AM
I know this is bad-natured, but my first thought on finding out about Frey was "it had to be another artist, why not a politician"?
Bad Sandy!  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 19, 2016, 01:56:23 AM

Maybe we just take more notice when an artist passes...
(that might be a good thing, right?)

Biggus Dickus

The Eagles "One of These Nights" was the very first album I ever purchased with my own money.

Glenn was born in here in Detroit, and grew up in Royal, MI. He went to the same High School as some of my cousins. Started out playing with Bob Seger.

They've been playing his music non-stop on the radio stations here.

67 is too young to die, and it's an odd occurrence as I believe Lemmy, Bowie and Rickman were all 69 when they died, and Natalie Cole was about 65.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Velma

Why is there no discussion of the cause of death? The man died from complications of his rheumatoid arthritis and no one wants to talk about it other than those who also suffer from it.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on January 20, 2016, 06:37:55 PM
Why is there no discussion of the cause of death? The man died from complications of his rheumatoid arthritis and no one wants to talk about it other than those who also suffer from it.

I think it's just not "sexy", like a heroin overdose or cancer.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

joeactor

Sounded like it was a series of illnesses. Intestinal problems, Pneumonia, etc.

Velma

Quote from: joeactor on January 21, 2016, 12:27:40 AM

Sounded like it was a series of illnesses. Intestinal problems, Pneumonia, etc.
All complications of his rheumatoid arthritis. Things like this are part of the reason I have to see my rheumatologist every three months and have extensive blood work each and every time. It is also why I have to go into hyper vigilant mode any time I get a mild cough or even a papercut. RA is an autoimmune disease meaning your immune system is so screwed up that it is attacking tissues and organs it is supposed to be defending. Most autoimmune diseases have a primary system or organ that they attack, but it often doesn't stop there.

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 21, 2016, 12:22:57 AM
I think it's just not "sexy", like a heroin overdose or cancer.
There is that. Plus, few people understand what RA, or any other autoimmune disease, actually is or how they affect the body.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

joeactor

I hope your RA stays under control, Velma.

Didn't realize it could have such serious consequences.

Be well!

Velma

Harmonie

Sad, the Eagles have been one of my favorite bands for over a decade, now. I know that doesn't stack up to a lot of people, but you have to take into account my age. =P

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony