News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

David Bowie, Elvis and “Blade Runner”

Started by Biggus Dickus, January 13, 2016, 10:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

A fan theory to end all fan theories.
Maybe the connection between 3 birthdays—two real, one fictional—goes deeper than we thought?

I came across this article today in Salon, and as a fan of the "Blade Runner" movie I was interested in what the theory proposed between the movie, Elvis, and the recently departed David Bowie (Always been a huge fan of Ziggy's since the first time I heard him)

Not sure what to make of the "theory" as written by the author other than to say it was an interesting read, especially with regards to the lyrics from the song "BlackStar"as performed by Bowie, along with the Elvis version...see the two here to include Bowie's video.

Also agree with the author, would love to hear Bowie's "Blackstar" included in the soundtrack of the Blade Runner sequel which will be completed soon I hope?

Finish this with a few words from Roy (One of my all-time favorite endings to a movie).

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain.
Time to die.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

I think the joy of discovery coupled with coincidence makes these sort of conspiracy theories fun. I have no doubt that Bowie would have chuckled to himself as he laid the trail of crumbs for us to follow. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The Asmo, He refuses to follow someone else's nasty crumbs.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.