News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Recommend me a book (possibly young adult/teen)

Started by Claireliontamer, January 11, 2016, 06:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

My concentration and vision aren't particularly good right now but I am missing reading. Has anyone read anything decent that's easy to understand,  not ttoo long but is still entertaining?   I don't mind even if it's kids books or young adult type stuff as long as it won't make me throw my kindle across the ward!

Recusant

You've probably already read The Chronicles of Prydain, but if not, you might give them a try.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Recusant on January 11, 2016, 07:11:02 PM
You've probably already read The Chronicles of Prydain, but if not, you might give them a try.

I have not but I think Jumbojak has mentioned them before to me so will have a look.  Thank you.

Crow

Go for an audio book instead if your concentration isn't there yet. Pick a narrator you enjoy the voice of and select a book they have done.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on January 11, 2016, 08:32:18 PM
Go for an audio book instead if your concentration isn't there yet. Pick a narrator you enjoy the voice of and select a book they have done.

I did think of that but I'm not too great with noise either.

OldGit

hermes2015

I am reading So, Anyway... by John Cleese and can recommend it. It is a very enjoyable and funny book.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Claireliontamer

Quote from: OldGit on January 12, 2016, 09:43:55 AM
I spose you've read The Hunger Games trilogy?

I haven't actually. I should add them to my list.

Pasta Chick

Growing up, my two favorite authors were Mary Downing Hahn and Jean Craighead George. Hahn gets pretty fucking weird at points though. Theyre all easy reads though.

OldGit

A golden oldie here:  Spike Milligan's Puckoon is one of the funniest books you'll ever read.  If you can find a copy - charity shops ofyen have one.