News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

007: Spectre

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 07, 2015, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Has anyone else watched this movie so far? What did you think?

I just came back from the cinema and being a 007 fan I was hugely excited to see this movie. In truth though, I left a little disappointed. I didn't feel like there was enough story substance, it was all so cliché that it even bored me at times. there was a funny line here and there, but it's almost like it was trying to make up for what the storyline lacked.  Christoph Waltz is generally such a good actor, but came off a little wooden in this movie, maybe his character is just monotonously boring, I don't know. 

Skyfall was better. :reading:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

I've read some reviews that said Skyfall was better while pointing out that the quality of Bond movies has always been uneven, to say the least. My husband and I will probably go see it anyway. Even the not so good ones are generally a bit of fun.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Velma on November 09, 2015, 04:38:17 PM
I've read some reviews that said Skyfall was better while pointing out that the quality of Bond movies has always been uneven, to say the least. My husband and I will probably go see it anyway. Even the not so good ones are generally a bit of fun.

You guys should go see it, especially if you like the franchise. :smilenod: It wasn't the best but it wasn't terrible either, just not as good as I personally expected. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

I was disappointed in many ways. Christoph Walz is an awesome actor and I was really looking forward to seeing him, but he was only in there for maybe 15 minutes. The rest of the story didn't make up for it. Not terrible, but Skyfall was much better.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"