Author Topic: Buddy in England  (Read 4789 times)

BooksCatsEtc

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Reason
Re: Buddy in England
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2015, 01:21:58 AM »
Wonderful travelog, Tank!  Really enjoyed it.

Oh, and I have no idea what future application this could have, but I'm storing it away:
Oh! And if you apply light to a sleeping Dag he sounds like a small startled chicken!
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

Guardian85

• Resident Spymaster
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
  • Big friendly Viking.
    • Random Ramblings
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2015, 03:24:39 AM »

Oh, and I have no idea what future application this could have, but I'm storing it away:
Oh! And if you apply light to a sleeping Dag he sounds like a small startled chicken!
It was the noise that the door makes, not the light.

And I do not sound like a chicken!  >:(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2015, 03:31:32 AM »

It was the noise that the door makes, not the light.

And I do not sound like a chicken!  >:(
Cluck off! You do when startled!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

joeactor

• That guy you know.
  • Global Moderator
  • Has an Invisible Dragon in Their Garage
  • Reading Invisible Ink Novels
    • Joe's Dump
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2015, 08:10:47 AM »
Just catching up - looks like it was a grand time!

Really enjoyed the photos...

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2015, 10:32:16 PM »
Great photos.  Thanks for the good reporting. Sounds like everyone had fun.

Siz

• Just a big softy!
  • Touched by His Noodly Appendage
  • Misanthropist and Master of the veiled snide
    • http://www.people.shite
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2015, 06:18:43 PM »
Tank, I just, today, found your message on my phone from the morning-that-must-never-be-remembered - inviting me for breakfast. Thanks for the invite. Not sure what time that was but I do know I'd not have made it through breakfast in seemly fashion! I nursed a McDonalds coffee en-route home for a good hour before finding the strength to try solids... Hope y'all enjoyed your McMuffins!

Oh, and BTW, we played Cards Against Humanity this weekend at our dinner party - a hit, of course!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

• The queen of bad ideas.
  • Guardian of Reason
  • SMLLKAR
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »
Tank, I just, today, found your message on my phone from the morning-that-must-never-be-remembered - inviting me for breakfast. Thanks for the invite. Not sure what time that was but I do know I'd not have made it through breakfast in seemly fashion! I nursed a McDonalds coffee en-route home for a good hour before finding the strength to try solids... Hope y'all enjoyed your McMuffins!

Oh, and BTW, we played Cards Against Humanity this weekend at our dinner party - a hit, of course!

We ended up not going to McDonald's either. Ended up having breakfast curtesy of Mrs. Tank that morning I think. Details are a little fuzzy.
Hell hath no fury like me when I’m slightly inconvenienced and hungry.

I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2015, 11:40:04 PM »

We ended up not going to McDonald's either. Ended up having breakfast curtesy of Mrs. Tank that morning I think. Details are a little fuzzy.
I know I did breakfast one day. Sunday was a lazy day when we went to Kirkstall Abbey and Museum.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2015, 08:04:48 AM »

Buddy

• The queen of bad ideas.
  • Guardian of Reason
  • SMLLKAR
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2015, 08:32:22 AM »
Oh shit.
Hell hath no fury like me when I’m slightly inconvenienced and hungry.

I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »

Guardian85

• Resident Spymaster
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
  • Big friendly Viking.
    • Random Ramblings
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »
Seeing the flooding in York on the news the other day i imagined the Jorvik center would be fairly fucked in a flood.

Sad to see my prophetic skills remain as strong as ever.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-